Mundane News

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Are fly nets an option?
Not sure about windows but we saw them flying in our shed once, sure enough there was the start of a nest. Quick google said that a paper bag attached to the roof was the idea. Working on the basis that the wasp see it and think “crap someone else’s nest !”, and they fly away. Not having a paper bag I made one, cone shaped, from grease proof paper. That was a few years ago now and no wasps !

p.b

Forum GOD!
Pheew - today's weather makes me miss working from an air conditioned office (even while wearing a mask)

slapo

It's... alive!
Missed the brush sale on YourShaving because of mulling things over too much. Money saved, I guess. :)

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Used a tub of cream for the first time. Forgot it was cream (a T&H No. 10 that was PIFed to me). Picked up about 10 shaves worth of cream with my brush :(

Wasn't expecting it to be quite so soft

slapo

It's... alive!
Used a tub of cream for the first time. Forgot it was cream (a T&H No. 10 that was PIFed to me). Picked up about 10 shaves worth of cream with my brush :(

Wasn't expecting it to be quite so soft
This happened to me with the Hawkins & Brimble shaving cream. I tapped it before hand, and it seemed firm-ish, but that was just the top layer that was somewhat dry. I went in with a brush and ended up with half the tin on a wet brush. Wasn't too happy about it, but went ahead and used it. It did yield a pretty rich lather, as one could expect. :)

Last edited:

sev-8

Forum GOD!
This happened to me with the Hawkins & Brimble shaving cream. I tapped it before hand, and it seemed firm-ish, but that was just the top layer that was somewhat dry. I went in with a brush and ended up with half the tin on a wet brush. Wasn't too happy about it, but went ahead and used it. It did yield a prretty rich lather, as one could expect. :)
Think mine was the same, it had been sitting for about 6 months so the top felt quite firm. Squeezed a bunch of cream out and down the sink, used whatever was left