Mundane News

R181

Grumpy old man
Yes, same over here with pocket knives and kids when I was growing up. A lot of kids had them and took them to school. It is different today though as kids today view them as weapons and not tools. Too many Rambo movies?

Bob

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
US version was Mumblety-peg. As we kids advanced, we raided our father's fishing or hunting knives for playing. A small pocket knife was the only thing in our pockets - no mobile phones, no music devices, no cigarettes, no drugs and little if any money.

Had Mumblety-peg been an Olympic event. I may have been on the podium.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
After an hour in the gym, the hotel hot water system is fekked. Dripping with sweat and no shower. Kettle and sink with a freezing cold rinse... Not impressed with Crowne Plaza at the minute....

p.b

Forum GOD!
Major service on car today, £265 lighter
Phone call goes like this
‘Front tyres are just over 4mm, needs new ones’
‘No it doesn’t ‘
‘Air con needs regassing’
‘ Not for 5 months it doesn’t ‘
‘Gearbox needs oil changing’
‘Not for 5 months or 7,000 miles it doesn’t ‘

:mad:
:cursing:

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Major service on car today, £265 lighter
Phone call goes like this
‘Front tyres are just over 4mm, needs new ones’
‘No it doesn’t ‘
‘Air con needs regassing’
‘ Not for 5 months it doesn’t ‘
‘Gearbox needs oil changing’
‘Not for 5 months or 7,000 miles it doesn’t ‘

:mad:
I had mine in for a service and MOT recently too. Air con same thing... they did it 6 months ago. Tyres are 4mm... yes I know.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Ever felt slightly sketchy about a doctor? Been to the docs today. I can hear the blood flow in my ear, like a flushing sound as the blood is going through a vein. Thought I’d get it checked out. It was a young obviously new doctor. She did all the usual, pulse, listened etc etc. Came up with an answer then had to get it checked, obviously another doctor is mentoring her.

Came back with something else after speaking to them. Apparently it could be hearing loss. Solution to hold my nose and blow, like you do in a car when you go up a hill. Few times a day, then go back in four weeks. Somehow I’m not overly confident !

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Ever felt slightly sketchy about a doctor? Been to the docs today. I can hear the blood flow in my ear, like a flushing sound as the blood is going through a vein. Thought I’d get it checked out. It was a young obviously new doctor. She did all the usual, pulse, listened etc etc. Came up with an answer then had to get it checked, obviously another doctor is mentoring her.

Came back with something else after speaking to them. Apparently it could be hearing loss. Solution to hold my nose and blow, like you do in a car when you go up a hill. Few times a day, then go back in four weeks. Somehow I’m not overly confident !
Very odd treatment....

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Ouch! Never good, and you always feel worse when you're not able to be there.
The worst of it was, he broke it a week ago, we thought he'd just bruised it!

Turns out he has an extremely high pain threshold and it is already healing nicely. No cast needed, just no sport for 4 week.
Very proud of him, he didn't even cry when he done it... I'd have been screaming! :laugh::laugh::laugh: