Mundane News

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Hope you get your problem sorted soon Holyzeus. Sounds nasty.

As it happens, one of my front teeth fell out when I was eating my dinner tonight. Fair dos, it was loose and I have an appt with the dentist tomorrow but even so...

steve

Geofnay

Forum GOD!
Today I broke the lid (cloche :D) to my Martin de Candre Le Beurrier limited edition shaving soap but have sourced a replacement, which is on its way. The manufacturer has been producing since the 15th century. Long may they continue ...

Reactions: p.b

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I had to step in and up this week and teach level 2 Plumbing theory Communication. They had a City Guilds exam today for it and they all passed. One got 100%, another who normally only passes on a second attempt passed first time with a excellent remark from a tutor, the student said “That’s for you Sean”. It was also the first time that my line manager had seen a 100%.

Get in there !!!

Last edited:

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Got a terrible headache. Very rare for me but feel the nerves pulsing inside my brain. It’s so awful I feel nauseous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I had to step in and up this week and teach level 2 Plumbing theory Communication. They had a City Guilds exam today for it and they all passed. One got 100%, another who normally only passes on a second attempt passed first time with a excellent remark from a tutor, the student said “That’s for you Sean”. It was also the first time that my line manager had seen a 100%.

Get in there !!!
Nice! That’s a great feeling and a high that will stay with you.

In my mundane news, Baby #1 is four days late. Not a big deal but we could do with it arriving soon as I’m off work until Monday. We’re doing the usual raspberry leaf tea, countryside walks, sex etc in the hope of bringing on labour. It’ll happen when it happens.

In other mundane news, I’ve finished hanging doors and fitting ironmongery. Today’s jobs are repainting the lounge wall and fitting a cat flap, which will give me the excuse to get the jigsaw out.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Nice! That’s a great feeling and a high that will stay with you.

In my mundane news, Baby #1 is four days late. Not a big deal but we could do with it arriving soon as I’m off work until Monday. We’re doing the usual raspberry leaf tea, countryside walks, sex etc in the hope of bringing on labour. It’ll happen when it happens.

In other mundane news, I’ve finished hanging doors and fitting ironmongery. Today’s jobs are repainting the lounge wall and fitting a cat flap, which will give me the excuse to get the jigsaw out.
You haven't tried a nice warm curry?

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
You haven't tried a nice warm curry?
It probably wouldn’t make much difference unless you’re not used to spicy foods. We go out for curry once a month or so and the wife handles heat better than I do. I top out at a madras, but would be much happier with something like a dhansak, whereas she’d happily order something hotter.

Francorelli

Forum fella
Neighbours from hell were obviously annoyed that I dared to park my car right in front of my own house, thus denying them 'their' space for one of their six vehicles.

They left well over a metre on the other side (behind one of their own vehicles, natch).

Nice people.

View attachment 39897
So today I glance out of my window and witness the following: My car is parked outside my house, with space for at least two vehicles in front of it. Delightful neighbours (husband and wife team) roll up in one of their vans. The wife, (a real life Medusa if ever there was one) jumps out and guides in the gormless husband so that their van is kissing my car. Millimetres to spare.

A short while later, gormless boy comes out to wash one of their other vehicles, their pride 'n' joy douchemobile, juvenile house music pumping out of the open doors.

Spring has arrived in my neighbourhood. Oh yes.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Tooth extraction still incredibly painful, saw Dentist who advised it’s still infected
Another course of Antibiotics and re-packed :(