Mundane News

R181

Grumpy old man
Twas "only" -7C here this morning. Of course, I'm much closer to the Equator than you, Bob. Snow tomorrow evening, though it is predicted to warm up sufficiently so that what begins as a small snow storm will end as an ice storm by morning.
I'll take the snow over an ice storm any day.

Bob

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Look at it this way. If there wasn't cold weather and snow, we wouldn't be able to look forward to coming in from the cold and sitting by a warm toasty fire sipping hot chocolate or single malt scotch or wine or your favorite beverage, and we wouldn't be abel to slap two flat boards on our feet and slide down mountains at high speed.

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Thought I know what I’ll do, I’ll clear the way for Sky Q being fitted Wednesday. Moved the printer and it decided to pee out ink all over the bedroom carpet. So I’ve been on m6 hands and knees with nail varnish remover scrubbing it off ! Thankfully it’s working !

In other news the lad has jail broken an old iPad, that should be fun now !

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Sabine is in the garage awaiting a new power steering pump. 2nd one in a year, this one though is being paid for by the warranty. Le sigh, I am currently car-less.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Caught a student our today !

Me: How did the interview go ?

Student: Blank look .......

Me: Had an interview Friday didn’t you ?

Student: Blank look ............. Oh I didn’t have an ........ dawns on him that was the excuse he gave last Friday !

Funnily enough I and another thought he was lying. An I did it just to see if I could catch him out.

Told him it wasn’t good enough and he admitted he “just couldn’t be bothered”.

Mmmmmm, that created a right telling off !

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
£30,000 for three years at university is starting to look ridiculous. Who wants to be that deep in debt? Apprenticeships are one of the sensible ways to go these days. A friend's son had to choose between design school and an apprenticeship at MTV. Unfortunately he chose design school and really regretted it.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
£30,000 for three years at university is starting to look ridiculous. Who wants to be that deep in debt? Apprenticeships are one of the sensible ways to go these days. A friend's son had to choose between design school and an apprenticeship at MTV. Unfortunately he chose design school and really regretted it.
Son is in his last year of A Levels, he has the ability to go on to University, and it’s still 50/50 on the apprenticeship route. The apprenticeship route is a good one, earning and getting qualifications. He’s a good head on his shoulders and we will support him either way.

I do regret not trying harder myself. In later life I’ve studied and January I start a teaching qualification at the age of 54 !!! I must be mad ? Well it is only a qualification to teach 16+ in Further Eduction. It qualifies for staff development so I won’t be paying for it. I’ve been late at finding my niche !!!!