Completed Mulcuto No.1

Andymc133

Forum GOD!
Second shave today with the mulcuto today

It remains a mild but efficient razor when paired with a good sharp blade.

I'm not sure of the cost of this razor but in performance I'd compare it to the Edwin Jagger de86 which I suspect is available at a much less cost.

A mild razor is good for newbies and also worth having in your collection for the day's when your face needs a rest from more aggressive shaves but as I said above this need can be met by my de86 or one of my techs or even dialling down one of my favourite Gillette adjustables.

Call me old fashioned but vintage razors are my favourites

Dr Watson

James
Second shave today with the mulcuto today

It remains a mild but efficient razor when paired with a good sharp blade.

I'm not sure of the cost of this razor but in performance I'd compare it to the Edwin Jagger de86 which I suspect is available at a much less cost.

A mild razor is good for newbies and also worth having in your collection for the day's when your face needs a rest from more aggressive shaves but as I said above this need can be met by my de86 or one of my techs or even dialling down one of my favourite Gillette adjustables.

Call me old fashioned but vintage razors are my favourites
Thanks for sharing your experience Andy, helps those who've not tried it build up a picture :)

I agree with you on the RRP, at 40 Euros it's not great value with so many other good affordable razors on the market... Perhaps 10 years ago things may have been different. Still, it's fun to try!

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I’ve had two shaved with this now, yesterday with the SB side and this morning the OC.

I used a NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome and Oatcakes Lavender soap.

As it’s been said it’s a very mild razor and I was quite underwhelmed by the SB side. 3 passes and I wasn’t as smooth as my regular 6S on a 2 plate manages. Incredibly smooth to shave with though.

The OC shave this morning I found more efficient and had a very enjoyable and smooth shave. The result was better than yesterday but still not BBS anywhere.

Only the tiniest amount of feedback on my neck from the alum block this morning and no irritation or even the hint of a nick.

I’ve only used a Feather blade once, I think in my Merkur 34C? and it was a blood bath but I’ll dig one out to try in this and report back.

Dr Watson

James
I’ve had two shaved with this now, yesterday with the SB side and this morning the OC.

I used a NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome and Oatcakes Lavender soap.

As it’s been said it’s a very mild razor and I was quite underwhelmed by the SB side. 3 passes and I wasn’t as smooth as my regular 6S on a 2 plate manages. Incredibly smooth to shave with though.

The OC shave this morning I found more efficient and had a very enjoyable and smooth shave. The result was better than yesterday but still not BBS anywhere.

Only the tiniest amount of feedback on my neck from the alum block this morning and no irritation or even the hint of a nick.

I’ve only used a Feather blade once, I think in my Merkur 34C? and it was a blood bath but I’ll dig one out to try in this and report back.
Thanks for the update, didn't even know you had it yet :D

It's very blade dependant and I think you might be pleasantly surprised with a Feather in there... It's never going to be anything other than mild but I found the Feathers helped with efficiency a bit.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
Tried a Feather this morning and had another very good shave. Slightly closer than before but still not BBS anywhere.

Very smooth shave with only one tiny weeper that had disappeared by the time I’d finished showering. Feedback from the alum block all over my face this time but no obvious irritation at all.

I’ll give it a couple more shaves the. Pass it on

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I’m ready to pass this on to the next bloke now.

In summary, lovely smooth shaver even with a Feather.

I’m glad to have been given the opportunity to try, thanks Dr W, but I won’t be forking out 40 ish quid for one.

Dr Watson

James
I’m ready to pass this on to the next bloke now.

In summary, lovely smooth shaver even with a Feather.

I’m glad to have been given the opportunity to try, thanks Dr W, but I won’t be forking out 40 ish quid for one.
You're welcome, I agree entirely.

@ManicDee is next, in ROI but he's got a UK address :okay:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Mr bagman you can breath out :). The Mulcuto has arrived safely and I look forward to posting my first shave with it in the morning :thumbsup:.