Mugs?

Does anyone use a mug as a soap holder come shaving bowl? I have experimented with an old enamel mug but find it a bit small and may look into procuring a larger model. If I could somehow miraculously find one with a lid, would this be preferably and do you think it would need to be airtight or not?

Any thoughts or confessions will be appreciated!

R181

Grumpy old man
I have a couple of puck in vintage Old Spice shaving mugs but any coffee mug will do if they are the right size to hold the puck. I do not have lids for those mugs and not had any problem with the pucks.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sports direct mug or Starbucks. Both offer an oversized mug which is ideal. No lid though. Other option is the vintage old spice mug which also has a lid.

jaro101969

the lids can be 3d printed very easily.. i have one on my old spice mug...Also there are soup mugs that have lids and desert mugs with lids.. i have found 3 or 4 mugs that are red on the outside and white on the inside that have lids and they are very solidly built they also have a kind of large opening so they work great..............

Thanks Jaro. I have been trawling the charity shops and have found a stainless container with a tight lid ... the only problem is I didn’t buy it at the time. I will go back tomorrow and if it’s still there I’ll nab it.

jaro101969

Thanks Jaro. I have been trawling the charity shops and have found a stainless container with a tight lid ... the only problem is I didn’t buy it at the time. I will go back tomorrow and if it’s still there I’ll nab it.
no problem.. i have figured out if i see it in the shops dont think about it just walk around with it and decide while you are there,,, i have missed multiple deals by wanting to think about it and then it was gone when i went back but i look at it like this,, if its meant for me to have it then it will still be there and if it isnt then i wasnt meant to have that particular item......

jaro101969

also i really like my stainless bowl if im gonna bowl lather.. its very nice and light weight fits my hand well and is just great to use....i was in dollar tree and have seen several metal bowl including a small dog food bowl that looked neat...

Xring3

94FE4C38-257D-4AAE-85B0-2F95A2733BCB.jpeg
Being the cheapskate that I am, these are 2 of the mugs that I use. I’ve melted soap to fit in both bowls. The green bowl is a Frankoma soup bowl that my wife claims is some kind of collectible. She’ll get over it or use it against me sometime in the future. The blue Michigan coffee mug I purchased the other day at a thrift store for 50 cents. Problem solved!.......at least for awhile.