Modding AC blades to fit Schick Injector ?

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Seem to remember that someone cut down Feather AC blade to fit Schick injector. I wonder if I am right,if so could someone offer advise on the best way to do it , and what tools are required.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Yup, I have done it.
Offer up a schick blade next to it for size and cut it.
It needs a strong pair of scissors is all.

Except I dug out one of these which is ideal.

cutters 001.JPG
(Excuse the rust, it is on the 'to do' list)

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
As said above, use study scissors or metal shears. Use a real injector blade as a measure.
When looking at the front of the blade edge cut off the right hand side, so the left hand side that is injected first is original. (Not sure if that is necessary, but it feels right).
Insert the cut-to-size blade as the top blade of an injector magazine. Practice with a used blade, so you don't scrape the edge of your precious AC blade.
Inject. Shave. Enjoy.

I tried it. It works. For me it's not worth the bother. I just love Chinese Schick blades too much... YMMblabla...
But you have to try it at least once.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I have only a few shaves under my belt using a Schick razor, compared to hundreds using Feather and Kai blades, but to me the Schicks are far superior in terms of smoothness. I just wish I could get a Schick big enough to fit the Mongoose or Cobra.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have only a few shaves under my belt using a Schick razor, compared to hundreds using Feather and Kai blades, but to me the Schicks are far superior in terms of smoothness. I just wish I could get a Schick big enough to fit the Mongoose or Cobra.
Schick make one called the Proline,sold in Japan. It is difficult to acquire.May have been mentioned on this forum, I have some from UK selller., not used them yet.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
PX302588.JPG
Schick make one called the Proline,sold in Japan. It is difficult to acquire.May have been mentioned on this forum, I have some from UK selller., not used them yet.
You and me both. I just put a new Feather blade into my Hawk, and noticed the Schick Proline packet in the drawer afterwards. There have been good reports of these elsewhere, but that has been when they've been used "as is" in AC razors. If you don't make a pig's ear out of cutting them (with or without rusty tinsnips), I can't see why they shouldn't be as good when modified.

My personal experience of cutting ACs down for my injectors is that it pays to use a cutting tool with plenty of leverage (compound action miniature bolt-croppers are my tool of choice), and to make sure that the cut is precisely at 90 degrees across. It's not a disaster if it's not, but can make handling and injecting them a little more awkward. I also hold the blade with a long-nose narrow Mole grip, which allows me to concentrate on the cutting without worrying about holding the thing, and if there's any raggedness in the cut, I give it a couple of strokes on an Arkansas stone to smooth it.

Last edited: