Mindfulness meditation

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I'm beginning to learn mindfulness meditation to control stress and insomnia.
Mindfulness is about living in the present moment so it feels nice to practise meditation when I shave.

I'd be interested to read about other people experiences with mindfulness meditation.

Twelvefret

Veteran
I've read Ellen Langer. She caused me to stay in the moment with my activities so that I actually experience them. For example, if I hike, I want to experience the whole moment and not think about the razor I need to prep for tomorrows shave. This isn;t as easy as it sounds, or not for me. :)

I have tried the other type. I found that clearing my mind of thoughts and practicing breathing caused me to fall asleep better. I congratulate you on your decision and hope you find some useful information that will help you have a better life. I hope others comment.

I also find that my diet has an effect on my sleep.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
I've read Ellen Langer. She caused me to stay in the moment with my activities so that I actually experience them. For example, if I hike, I want to experience the whole moment and not think about the razor I need to prep for tomorrows shave. This isn;t as easy as it sounds, or not for me. :)

I have tried the other type. I found that clearing my mind of thoughts and practicing breathing caused me to fall asleep better. I congratulate you on your decision and hope you find some useful information that will help you have a better life. I hope others comment.

I also find that my diet has an effect on my sleep.
Same here, I enjoy going for long walks along the beach / forest and focus on my steps, sensations on my body like, hot or cold, maybe rain, etc.....it's not easy but I'm getting better.

What one eats or when definitely affects sleep :)

Thank you for your post.