8. Morpheus *Completed*
9. jeepie *with*
10. @Triple Milled

jeepie

Forum GOD!
But what do you think of it?
Hi Team,

Percolation complete.

The razor looks great. Slender, nicely designed, shiny, polished and I enjoy the scalloped top gap and looks in general. Aesthetically it's a win from me.

The ergonimcs are great: this razor is lovely to hold

In terms of the shave, my favourite razor is the Blackland Blackbird so I really like that Nealon. It's extremely blade forward and reminds me most of the Tatara Nodachi. It's an aggressive razor for my beard. And for me like the Nodachi it's a bit aggressive for a daily shaver. I think it would take me quite a bit of learning, like the Nodachi to tame it, so I'd reach for the Blackbird instead.

In summary - a lovely razor if you like blade forward razors. To me I like the looks but the shave is a bit rough for me. I think that could just be learning so if you want to try a razor that looks great and enjoy the Nodachi - give it a whirl.

@Triple Milled - you're up! Let me know your details and I will send this on to you. Thanks for organising @Holyzeus - I enjoyed my time with the Nealon.

Best wishes

Greg

Holyzeus

TSR reject
1. Holyzeus *Completed*
2. p.b * Completed*
3. bagman * Completed*
4. Rowlers *Completed*
5. Stonec0ld *Completed*
6. ajc347 *Completed*
7. carbold *Completed*
8. Morpheus *Completed*
9. jeepie *Completed*
10. @Triple Milled *With*

CLOSED

Last edited:

Triple Milled

Legendary Member
Wow! What a fantastic first shave. I had about three days growth and it was very efficiently dealt with. I used a Gillette Platinum blade and it felt very smooth. There's a little blade feel but in no way would I describe this razor as aggressive, it's hyper efficient yes but not liable to bite you. I need to use it more to come to a definite conclusion but two things I know already, first it may topple the Blackbird from my number one spot and second I'll certainly be getting one as it's that good.
I'll use it as a daily driver for at least the next week and I don't see any problem with that.
Early days but so far I'm highly impressed.

Triple Milled

Legendary Member
Used a different blade and a very shallow angle today for my third shave with the Nealon. I normally shave at a steeper than neutral angle but wanted to see how it performed riding the cap. It was still excellent and very efficient although I gave myself a couple of minor weepers. I'll try using a neutral angle tomorrow but don't expect any problem. One other thing to note is it's very good against the grain on the top lip, I'm still very impressed with this razor.

Triple Milled

Legendary Member
As I haven't done it in a long time, I thought I'd see how the Nealon handled an oil only shave.
A minimalist set up of Village Barber shaving oil,
Ladas blade and the Nealon yet again delivered an excellent and very close shave. It seems similar to the Blackbird in that it isn't blade fussy and brings out the best of any blade you put in it.
Still very impressed with this razor.

Triple Milled

Legendary Member
Tried a Gillette Silver Blue in the Nealon today and had probably the best shave yet with it.
I'm fine tuning my technique with each use and today's result was exceptional. I'll keep the GSB in there tomorrow and then do a couple of days with a Feather. At the end of the week I'll probably do some side by side comparisons with my Blackbirds.