Med Prep pricing

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Excellent blade. I have about thirteen years worth in the cupboard. It’s sad to watch something I’ve enjoyed using for about decade become scarce.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
6 months ago I paid £48 for 250 at Connaught. Seems like you also do not get any discount for ordering multiples of 100 either. Not right.

Paul

Connaught Shaving
Vendor
The 250 blade boxes were a fair bit cheaper than 2 x 100 packs. Accutec raised their pricing several times so I bought a lot before the final big increase. I have decided not to stock these in the future. The new price if I was to buy stock now would be around £48 a 100.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
The 250 blade boxes were a fair bit cheaper than 2 x 100 packs. Accutec raised their pricing several times so I bought a lot before the final big increase. I have decided not to stock these in the future. The new price if I was to buy stock now would be around £48 a 100.
Understood. Nothing lasts for ever.. :wink:

Dr Watson

James
Lab Blues are £25/100 or £35/200 inc delivery direct from Amazon.com

I've compared them to Med Preps and couldn't tell a difference, I recall reading forum lore on them a while back and general opinion was they are the same blade but the Med Prep version are sterilized prior to final packaging.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Forum lore is 50% different blade and 50% same blade. Many users can tell a difference, many cannot. In my opinion, there is a difference (I have used 150 Med Preps and 5 Lab Blues). 100% agreement on the Med Preps having additional processing (sterilized or coating or ?).

Using hospital quality sterilized blades is not a bad thing.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Forum lore is 50% different blade and 50% same blade. Many users can tell a difference, many cannot. In my opinion, there is a difference (I have used 150 Med Preps and 5 Lab Blues). 100% agreement on the Med Preps having additional processing (sterilized or coating or ?).

Using hospital quality sterilized blades is not a bad thing.
Do the lab blues have glue dots? The absence of these is one of the things I love about med preps.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Lab Blues are £25/100 or £35/200 inc delivery direct from Amazon.com

I've compared them to Med Preps and couldn't tell a difference, I recall reading forum lore on them a while back and general opinion was they are the same blade but the Med Prep version are sterilized prior to final packaging.
Last time I bought Lab Blues I paid £12.00 inc International Shipping from USA for a box of 100 !

Dr Watson

James
Last time I bought Lab Blues I paid £12.00 inc International Shipping from USA for a box of 100 !
Likewise. They're good blades but I wouldn't pay the current asking prices... Amazon prices do fluctuate regularly so worth keeping an eye on them or setting a camelcamelcamel tracker which will email you an alert when the price drops below whatever threshold you've set. It's not unusual for Amazon prices to go +/- 50% over a 6 month period.