May 2020 Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 1881

View attachment 69512

This is the new prebiotic body soap that Wholly Kaw kindly sent for testing. (free of charge).

Some really fantastic stuff, the only problem is that it is totally unscented.
So, I asked Sri, the ingredients, so here they are:

IMG_20200601_165936.png

Sri, unintentionally obviously, made an excellent pre shave bar soap, because I did test it, just like I use a glycerin based bar on the face, just before the shave.

The result was a fully hydrated face, slick(high levels of Coconut Oil), ready to be lathered up.

It is not easy to rinse it, leaves a fatty layer of residual soap behind and the Donkey Milk as well as the Beef Tallow help a lot on hydration. I used it on purpose along with the least slick shaving cream that I own, I don't want to mention any brand obviously.

When cream was scooped by the razor, I could easily make 2-3 strokes in the same area, the razor wouldn't grab me at all. The main difference with a simple glycerin based soap is that you have a more moisturized face, during the shave and a hard to rinse product, that have persistent residual slickness that never leaves you uncomfortable during the shave.

However, this is a personal test. Sri never told me to use this soap on the face because of the higher ph level, around 8-9. The soap is not intented to be used as a regular face wash too.

He agreed though to use it as a pre shave, because of the slick layer, and because on top of it I would use a shaving soap, an already high ph product anyway.

It is intended to be used as a body wash, or hand wash, as Sri mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rasorium

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed for you.
Well I used the St Barts yesterday for the first time. Wow...that stuff is just unpleasant! As soon as I’d lathered up for the first pass I felt the burning around my mouth and nose. It’s a shame because it’s a fantastic scent. I used the Aftershave which didnt help of course. Hopefully the aftershave is salvageable and I’ll try it with a different soap but the St Barts soap definitely has something in it which doesn’t like my skin. Well...I can’t say I wasn’t warned 😂

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
A prebiotic body wash soap that leaves a layer of fat which refuses to rinse easily. Am I missing something here? I only part I got was, Sri think we deserve to be treated like Cleopatra.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Well I used the St Barts yesterday for the first time. Wow...that stuff is just unpleasant! As soon as I’d lathered up for the first pass I felt the burning around my mouth and nose. It’s a shame because it’s a fantastic scent. I used the Aftershave which didnt help of course. Hopefully the aftershave is salvageable and I’ll try it with a different soap but the St Barts soap definitely has something in it which doesn’t like my skin. Well...I can’t say I wasn’t warned 😂
Does anyone have asbestos like skin that can tolerate that soap? @halvor ?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Does anyone have asbestos like skin that can tolerate that soap? @halvor ?
Struggled hard to come up with a pun here, but inspiration is obviously lacking. I’ll blame the heat, it’s been 30 degrees here lately.

Anyway, yes. Although not among the smoothest and most soothing skin feels, my skin copes well with St Bart’s indeed. (In terms of soaps that I HAVE reacted to to the extent that it was binned, I can only come up with Ogallala bay rum at present.)