May 2020 Acquisitions

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
A mystifyingly incomplete delivery arrived from theshavingshopclub today. All items were dispatched but by the time I received it the Asian Plum soap and Warrior of Howling Fjord Aftershave were missing. Postman? Courier? Customs Officer? It’s anyone’s guess. Frustrating. Needless to say I’ve had to order the missing items again and with a St.Barts set thrown in for good measure. Still waiting on my Kaizen set which was last seen in New York.
View attachment 68707
A mystifyingly incomplete delivery arrived from theshavingshopclub today. All items were dispatched but by the time I received it the Asian Plum soap and Warrior of Howling Fjord Aftershave were missing. Postman? Courier? Customs Officer? It’s anyone’s guess. Frustrating. Needless to say I’ve had to order the missing items again and with a St.Barts set thrown in for good measure. Still waiting on my Kaizen set which was last seen in New York.
View attachment 68707
Thanks for the link there in that post.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
View attachment 68707
Hi mate, Peter was on YouTube saying they had an issue where items were marked as dispatched but never actually dispatched, he was talking about Kaizen but could have been others. Complete admin error he said.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
My Wilkinson Sword Sticky arrived from Bulgaria, the only thing that I've ordered since lockdown started. I thought the plastic bit of the handle was dirty, but it's actually a bit scuffed. No cracks in the plastic, but the metal bits could do with a good clean.
Turns out that I lied. I also ordered a Yaqi Mini at the end of March which appeared today. Mostly wanted the 75mm brass handle, but thought I'd try the Yaqi DLC head too which looks scary but feels pretty mild. There's a small imperfection in one of the combs on the top cap (a tiny bump). Will give it a spin tomorrow morning

IMG_20200520_181003_small.jpg

Rasorium

Legendary Member
Hi mate, Peter was on YouTube saying they had an issue where items were marked as dispatched but never actually dispatched, he was talking about Kaizen but could have been others. Complete admin error he said.
Good to know. Thanks for that! 👍

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
A Gillette New Short Comb razor head cerakoted tungsten and black, on a Maggard handle. I'll compare the SC to my New LC. The handle I am going to sell.
Would be interested in how you find the coating on the SC. I am thinking of having the same done but not sure if there will be any noticeable drag from the coating.

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Would be interested in how you find the coating on the SC. I am thinking of having the same done but not sure if there will be any noticeable drag from the coating.
I'll mention my impression in my SOTD post when I use the razor. I have used Delta Echo-coated razors in the past and found that for me the coating actually decreased the friction/drag slightly, making the shave smoother.