Match the Blade to the Razor.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
The importance of selecting the right blade for a Razor was really driven home to me over the last few days. I have been using a Hawk V3-A plate with a Kai Pink blade rather than my favoured Schick Proline, and find I am getting better/quicker Shaves with the Kai blade. I use a Kai guarded blade in The HawkV3-OC plate.
I have recently been varying the blades I use in different Razors to get the best match for me. Obviously what works for me will not necessarily work for others, but do not just use one blade because you like it, try different ones and you may get a pleasant surprise.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
The importance of selecting the right blade for a Razor was really driven home to me over the last few days. I have been using a Hawk V3-A plate with a Kai Pink blade rather than my favoured Schick Proline, and find I am getting better/quicker Shaves with the Kai blade. I use a Kai guarded blade in The HawkV3-OC plate.
I have recently been varying the blades I use in different Razors to get the best match for me. Obviously what works for me will not necessarily work for others, but do not just use one blade because you like it, try different ones and you may get a pleasant surprise.
Very sensible approach. I've been trying to do this for many a while, but my problem is that I can never remember the combinations, and, by the time I think to do so, it's too late to write them down. I blame anno domini.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Very sensible approach. I've been trying to do this for many a while, but my problem is that I can never remember the combinations, and, by the time I think to do so, it's too late to write them down. I blame anno domini.
I have a little note book to record Shaves in each Razor and name of blade in use, do it after each Shave.

1964geo

Forum GOD!
I find the Kai guarded is excellent in the hawk v3A. It didn't tame the executive shaving Claymore. Don't think anything will tame that beast.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Wed 1st September
Over the last couple of days, I have for the first time been using an ATT SE1 fitted with a Kai CT Protouch MG blade transferred from another Razor.
My first outing was with the blade on its 7th outing, and I noted that despite a distinct lack of blade feel the Combo worked well as the finish was excellent. Today despite the blade being on its 8th outing, the Razor /Blade combo was forgiving and without any drag I got a superb close all round finish. Folk have remarked on the ATT being a rather harsh performer, fitted with this blade it most certainly is not.

IMG_1631.jpg

Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have never really got on with the Feather Pro Blade preferring the Schick Proline. However over the last two days I have had to use it in my new Claymore Evolution because of its design. It works superbly in The Evo, getting smooth comfortable Shaves with a mishap free Top Notch close all round finish.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
A number of purchasers have been rather disappointed to find that the long awaited Claymore Evolution was designed for use with Feather blades only. I think a lot of us have complained to ES/Alpha.

However, I have tried it with the Feather Pro and had a series of good Shaves.Over the last couple of days I have used the Feather Proguard. The Shave was very smooth and comfortable, but more importantly the Razor was so responsive that I was able without hassle remove all stubborn areas of growth, leaving my face feeling fresh and squeaky clean.

B282F2A6-C343-43C1-B485-1AB870CD8B71.jpeg

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have the Hawk V3-A plate and used it extensively with my preferred Schick Proline. After recent good experiences with a Claymore Evolution and a Feather Pro blade, I decided to try it in The Hawk for the first time. I have found that this blade which was not a favourite of mine, works superbly in the Hawk, delivering Top Notch Shaves in terms of comfort and finish.

IMG_056.jpg

Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Today needed a special Shave so went for my Claymore Evolution fitted with a Feather Proguard. The Shave was so smooth and every last bit of stubble removed with ease. Without doubt a bit of a Face Stroker.
Yet a few days ago the Yaqi Raster fitted with a Proguard, was not that good and pulled quite a lot and was unable to clear certain areas satisfactorily .

C63EB7DF-CB35-473E-9A4E-1D58C132F8A9.jpeg

vartik

Head shaver
Have you tried KAI guarded blades in Claymore Evo ? If yes, what do you think of that combination ?

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thur 4th Aug.
Today used The ATT SE1 with a Feather Proguard ( 7 ), and tried it with my new Ti Handle. This addition improved the feel and performance, and I was rewarded with a real “ Face Stroker “.

B3FBE016-931F-4BAC-9C9A-3FE0BF7C295B.jpeg