Maseto Shaving Group Buy- cancelled

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Right gents I've been busy plodding along, negotiating with Nick from LS/MS shaving. First and foremost, Nick has offered a guarantee on his brushes, but without a definite time frame. So unlike with Shavemac I cannot completely be certain, if issues occur, they will be dealt with as quickly or as promised.

However, the latest MS brushes seem to be well constructed. If I am on the same wavelength as Nick (sometimes communication has been difficult given the language barrier) we are looking at a few shapes including one that I suggested (below)
http://buyatankard.com/media/catalo...3525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/h/ah-tk151_side.jpg

Slightly unusual although I have seen brushes constructed in horn tankards or trinkets as above. On offer will be 30mm and 26mm brushes. I have been told I could receive the prototypes by the end of the week, so hopefully can share these with you. Colours being set at ebony, ivory and horn. Requested are even knots with the same shape and size. Stay tuned!

halvor

a most elusive fish
Curious as to the ergonomics of that shape, Nishy. Thinner mid sections of handles are usually complemented by thicker ones at the bottom and top, in order to secure a good grip and not having to squeeze around a too thin 'pole'? How would you go about holding this? (I'm assuming the wider section is meant to be where the knot goes?)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Curious as to the ergonomics of that shape, Nishy. Thinner mid sections of handles are usually complemented by thicker ones at the bottom and top, in order to secure a good grip and not having to squeeze around a too thin 'pole'? How would you go about holding this? (I'm assuming the wider section is meant to be where the knot goes?)
Hi Halvor, yep the wider section is to hold the knot, I assume it would be held with the whole hand, thinner section against the palm. I have seen brushes of this design but never used one so will be a first for me too. Perhaps we have a member who knows?

Other handle shapes will also be available.

Lann

Forum GOD!
Was looking to buy a horn handled MS off ebay but they are out of stock just now. Like all three of horn handle shapes in the pic above and your suggestion has me intrigued Nishy so I will be adding my name to the list if we are talking the same sort of price range per brush.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Was looking to buy a horn handled MS off ebay but they are out of stock just now. Like all three of horn handle shapes in the pic above and your suggestion has me intrigued Nishy so I will be adding my name to the list if we are talking the same sort of price range per brush.
Yes I would assume the price should be similar, including engraving. I am just waiting for the prototypes and will then negotiate and confirm price.