Machine polishing

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
There must be some car detailers on here...
I have quite a few bird shit stains in my Skoda paint. Too many to work by hand. So I'm looking to buy a DA Machine polisher.

I'm just going to buy a cheap one. The question is what else do I need, in terms of pads and compounds? There is literally 100s to choose from...

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
There must be some car detailers on here...
I have quite a few bird shit stains in my Skoda paint. Too many to work by hand. So I'm looking to buy a DA Machine polisher.

I'm just going to buy a cheap one. The question is what else do I need, in terms of pads and compounds? There is literally 100s to choose from...
T- Cut , one pad on, one pad off. :) P.

If it’s bird etching then it is unlikely to polish out. The crap in the crap damages the clearcote. I’ve had to wet sand some areas to get the etching out.

Skoda paint is hard, which for you is a good thing. No harm in trying T-Cut, but be careful as it’s very abrasive.

As for a polisher, if you are new to polishing then I’d recommend getting a DA (Dual action) one. Cleanyourcar do a decent one, then you’ll need a medium pad & polish, something like scholl S17

Acer89

James
If it’s bird etching then it is unlikely to polish out. The crap in the crap damages the clearcote. I’ve had to wet sand some areas to get the etching out.

Skoda paint is hard, which for you is a good thing. No harm in trying T-Cut, but be careful as it’s very abrasive.

As for a polisher, if you are new to polishing then I’d recommend getting a DA (Dual action) one. Cleanyourcar do a decent one, then you’ll need a medium pad & polish, something like scholl S17
Good advice and scholl polishing compound is a top class product