Review LPL Oud Santal

PapySnake

Forum GOD!
Good morning or good evening,
it was time to create a review of this LPL for the least surprising and finally bringing together all the qualities we are looking for in a shaving soap!

at the reception, the texture of my soap was surprising, very very soft and does not harden even after drying. On the other hand, its scent is intoxicating, very representative of the scent OUD SANTAL, woody, refined, captivating. After an exchange with Cyril, he informed me that he was missing the hardener component in my soap and that it should not be so soft, after returning a bag with the hardener "Sodium Lactate" to incorporate and then mix, no problem, my soap hardens properly and after drying becomes as hard as my other LPL: RDP, Apricot, RT 2016 ...

This soap is my best LPL ever tested. the Lainess had undoubtedly made me forget the LPL because of their effect pre and post shave except the RDP for its scent and it finally convinced me and this totally and not only for its scent. Side use, Bravo Cyril, finally a beautiful creamy foam, protective as we like and lasting throughout the shave. Would the LPL catch up with the Lainess? I hope so !! Smile
Hyper easy to load, requires the image of the Italian Barbershop a little more water than usual, note that this LPL is enriched in tallow which is surely always a little greedy water when loading. Here, mounting the foam and very fast and really easy.
Detail of its composition always 100% natural:
Potassium cocoate
Aqua
Potassium tallowate
Butyrospermum parkii butter
Coconut fatty acid
Parfum : Benzyl benzoate, alpha isomethyl ionon, hexylcinnamal, eugenol

Lifetime side, already 6 months of use at least once a week (total of 24 uses mini) and this soap does not really decrease, it will be sustainable because of the rotation that I make between my 6 different shaving soaps. it is an excellent soap and its associated AS is very masculine while being refined. Nothing to say since it is in my eyes the first LPL that combines scent of madness and protection at the height of my sensitive skin. Thank you Cyril.

Finally, I would like to thank you all for making me discover this LPL OUD-SANTAL shaving soap, which until then was not really a fan of woody scents (Cypress-wooded type), because this one is by far my favorite scent and made me discover a new olfactory record of the most pleasant.
Regards,

halvor

a most elusive fish
:thumbsup:

But Cyril’s best work? The bottle depicted in the last pic above. Superb aftershave come eau de toilette. Classic masculine with an oudy edge.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thank you for the lovely review. I was considering purchasing some LPL Oud previously but the original caused me sensitivity, perhaps due to the inclusion of Benzyl Benzoate. Regards to the 100% natural ingredients list, may I ask with regards to alpha isomethyl ionon, how is Cyril ensuring the molecule it is not synthetic in nature?

Love the smell of oud but I find it varies as much as lime in the perfume industry. I take it this oud profile veers toward wet wood as oppoesed to the original faecal profile.

:thumbsup:

But Cyril’s best work? The bottle depicted in the last pic above. Superb aftershave come eau de toilette. Classic masculine with an oudy edge.
Good point H. I amended accordingly. I have only tried the soap..U am sure the Aftershave/EDT..is great also.:thumbsup:

PapySnake

Forum GOD!
the molecule in question is contained in the essential oils used of memory and it is obliged to pass it on its label under the allergens of memory (to verify that being)
I would not describe the scent of this combo as wet wood but it must be closer to it.

D

Deleted member 1881

I have this soap in my wish list. The scent is similar with PAA Cavendish but not so sweet.

Do I need another soap? Tell me...