Logging in to Flickr

Grarea

Forum Plod
Can anyone please remind what has changed with flickr?

I can't seem to login.
I know something changed earlier in the year, but I got a feeling it happened when I was ill.

I can't work out how to log in any more.
I go to sign in using the yahoo mail I always used and it congratulates me saying I am a good boy and:
" but you've already switched to the new Flickr login. To continue, please log in using the email address you chose when you updated your account."
Well, I don't remember what I did.
I seem to have a gmail account from somewhere now, but that isn't it either.

Any tips?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Can anyone please remind what has changed with flickr?

I can't seem to login.
I know something changed earlier in the year, but I got a feeling it happened when I was ill.

I can't work out how to log in any more.
I go to sign in using the yahoo mail I always used and it congratulates me saying I am a good boy and:
" but you've already switched to the new Flickr login. To continue, please log in using the email address you chose when you updated your account."
Well, I don't remember what I did.
I seem to have a gmail account from somewhere now, but that isn't it either.

Any tips?
It went full blown pay only.. It used to be free 1TB of storage, they sacked that off and limited the free account to 1000 photos. I can still access my account though???
I left it, open with all my SOTD etc...photos so I didn't have to re-link them. If you are not a photographer, Flickr is complete waste of time, just go elsewhere. I moved everything to Amazon Photos (free, unlimited storage for Prime members) an use postimages.org for forum hosting.

HTH.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I've just logged in and the is a banner at the top of the screen advising that "Flickr is changing and i need to update my login now"

Maybe you did update your log in???

I followed the process through and all you do is confirm your email address and add a new password.

Grarea

Forum Plod
It isn't a massive deal, just a shame that the photos on forums will disappear at some point.
Yes, I think I updated my login. Or whatever it told me to do.

I shall just find another thing to host photos on.

So you didn't have to set up a new email?
It tells me that I was a good boy and moved away from my Yahoo email like a good boy, so enter your new email.....
Might be stumped on that one, I have no idea what it is talking about.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Oh, never mind, I had (yet) another go and it went in first time.
With the same details I always use.
The ones it refused earlier.
I spent over an hour earlier mucking about.

Anyway, thanks.