Lavender soaps

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
For scent, I would put Ethos first. Bit of a bugger to get hold of though.

Why not take advantage of the current Maggards March offer (there is a separate thread about it) and get some Mikes Hungarian Lavender?

Others that have been mentioned already are MdC and grooming department.

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Has anyone tried SS's aftershave splashes? thoughts?
Yeah I have the patchouli one which is excellent, my go to post shave product if I picked up some irritation during the shave, seems to settle my face better than my other post shave products.

As for the smell, it smells a lot like patchouli!

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
Thats a rare custom soap my friend. There was only a few ever made. Keep that close to your den
Thanks Mem, I’ve just checked the ingredients and they are the same as my 1912 Citrus Musk. Exciting, l love lavender soaps and have several including an unused package of Nanny’s Silly Soap

Dr Watson

James
The only Lavender soap that I have is TDS Kosmetika one from Bellarussia and I can wholeheartedly recommend it

It's not very strongly scented but smells wonderful. I would give the scent strength score of about 4-5/10
Used my pot of this for the first time today, really nice lavender soap though I'd rate the strength on mine at least 6/10... It's quite "robust" :happy:

Obviously essential oil derived and smells much nicer than D.R. Harris or MdC original IMO... Meissner smells a bit nicer but cannot touch the performance of TDS.

AlfredoT

Forum GOD!
Just finished a tub of lavender castle Forbes. Loved it. Looking for any recommendations for other lavender scented soaps or creams.
Thanks.
Castle Forbes is, to my nostrils, much more similar to Mediterranean Lavender than to British ones.
A pure lavender!

So, if you want to stick to Mediterranean lavender, I'd suggest you go ahead with... CF! :D

Should you go for more articulated Lavender
1. As per my nose, considering C&S Oxford and Cambridge is not any more made by Valobra and not knowing who's going to make it... I'd wait for clarifications.
But the scent is fabulous!

2. Meißner Tremonia, Lavender De Luxe (I know the hard soap, that can be used as a stick! 👍) has a complex scent, great performance, and a perfect tub.

3. Atkinsons smells great to me, lathers very easily, has a good performance and matches perfectly the EdT. Obviously...

4. Bergum's, Brutalt Bra is a fantastic sop with wonderful scent (similar to LPL ad MdC traditionelle). Uneasy to get, rests in a very small aluminum bowl, uneasly to load the brush (I use a Berkeley 46), lathers and has a performance which are great.

5. The Ginger's Garden, Bluestone, notwithstanding it has no lavender, to me it smells like it. I find glycerine soap fantastic.and can be used as a stick.

6. Last but not certainly least Ethos Grooming Essentials: one of the best soaps and scents ever tried.

7. Reading other posts, I remebered B&M Reserve Lavender: but I am not a fan of that scent and performance is not in my likings.

Last edited: