Latest Yaqi Moka Express

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
@Cristobal what is the size of the glue bump on your Moka synth? Just received one in the post and the glue bump is much larger than on my purple haze, 12-15mm I'd say.
In all sincerity, it is really hard to determine the size of the glue bump. All I can say is that its position is much lower than previous Tuxedos and if I stuck my finger in the knot (this would sound really salacious if translated literally in French...), I would say the bump protrudes of 4-5mm from the top of the handle.

Dr Watson

James
In all sincerity, it is really hard to determine the size of the glue bump. All I can say is that its position is much lower than previous Tuxedos and if I stuck my finger in the knot (this would sound really salacious if translated literally in French...), I would say the bump protrudes of 4-5mm from the top of the handle.
Thank you, sounds like there are still some QC inconsistencies :(

I've had a moan, lets see what they say... Here it is:

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
thats why I won’t buy a Yaqi knot. My APCo Synbad glue bump is very small, in fact all the AP Co knots have been excellent whereas my 30mm Yaqi was around 15mm.
The finish on the handle isn't amazing either tbh and is nowhere near as good as those pictured on the Aliexpress shop. The dark portion at the top is uneven so the knot base and glue is visible through the acrylic. Not particularly impressive, but it was only £18 or so... Hopefully they replace it.

Reactions: p.b

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
The finish on the handle isn't amazing either tbh and is nowhere near as good as those pictured on the Aliexpress shop. The dark portion at the top is uneven so the knot base and glue is visible through the acrylic. Not particularly impressive, but it was only £18 or so... Hopefully they replace it.
I did not notice all these flaws on mine, I should examine mine more thoroughly.

Dr Watson

James
I did not notice all these flaws on mine, I should examine mine more thoroughly.
Its not a massive issue considering the price but you know what these things are like... Once you spot one defect, others are sure to follow.

Not been overly impressed by their service so far, no reply to my message so I'll have to wait the allotted time (10 days after dispatch) before I can open a dispute. Considering they offer free brushes to anyone who offers to post a positive video review on Youtube their reluctance to replace a faulty brush seems a bit daft. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but cant see myself ordering anything else from them.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Its not a massive issue considering the price but you know what these things are like... Once you spot one defect, others are sure to follow.

Not been overly impressed by their service so far, no reply to my message so I'll have to wait the allotted time (10 days after dispatch) before I can open a dispute. Considering they offer free brushes to anyone who offers to post a positive video review on Youtube their reluctance to replace a faulty brush seems a bit daft. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but cant see myself ordering anything else from them.
Yes, it's a bit a hit or miss. After complaining about my brush shedding, I was just offered a big discount (still pending...) for my next purchase (I was not asking for a replacement though). They are probably victim of their success, quality is decreasing while sales are increasing.

* * * * *​

On a lighter note, my favourite brush is the black fibre (26mm) whose I find the red marbled handle so so. Therefore I am seriously thinking about using the re-using the Moka handle re-knotted with the black fibre. The problems are that the Moka handle is for a 24mm knot size and if the DIY project fails, two brushes are lost.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
I went on the Yaqi Moka web page,saw that the price had plummeted down to £7.66 (about £12-13 shipping included) and felt scammed for a minute; and then I noticed that the brush was out of stock, the batch has been sold in the blink of an eye.

Dr Watson

James
I went on the Yaqi Moka web page,saw that the price had plummeted down to £7.66 (about £12-13 shipping included) and felt scammed for a minute; and then I noticed that the brush was out of stock, the batch has been sold in the blink of an eye.
Deal of the day :wink:

They do a different few every day, not a single model is excluded... If you wait long enough even the HMW badger can be had for around £25 delivered. They tend to put them up in very limited numbers around 10am GMT.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Deal of the day :wink:

They do a different few every day, not a single model is excluded... If you wait long enough even the HMW badger can be had for around £25 delivered. They tend to put them up in very limited numbers around 10am GMT.
Indeed, the brushes are back in stock at the price of £15. Interesting and good to know (actually, I have not figured out yet how to get coupons and use them...)

Acer89

James
I have mixed feelings about mine and since purchasing it's just sat in the cabinet unused.

Today, I decided to get messy and remove the oversized engraved logo from the base. The finished clarity is far better than the original.

Still not for me so it's reserved for a new owner who I hope will enjoy it more than me.:)
Image1.jpg

Randomangle

Über Bum
I have mixed feelings about mine and since purchasing it's just sat in the cabinet unused.

Today, I decided to get messy and remove the oversized engraved logo from the base. The finished clarity is far better than the original.

Still not for me so it's reserved for a new owner who I hope will enjoy it more than me.:)
View attachment 36263
What is your method James? I may be buying a few Yaqi brushes to try out the variations of fibre ... unless of course the variation is just colour. :happy: