Karve Stainless

mbarno

Forum GOD!
Mine still hasn't arrived, and I hear he's already shipping out waitlist orders. I must have been one of the very first to order.... I'm getting impatient.

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Mine still hasn't arrived, and I hear he's already shipping out waitlist orders. I must have been one of the very first to order.... I'm getting impatient.

I didn’t order a SS, but I did order a brass razor when they announced the reduced shipping costs etc. It was 2 weeks from placing the order to getting the email to say it had been shipped, then just over 2 weeks to get my grey slip from the Royal Mail.

mbarno

Forum GOD!
I finally got the dreaded grey card. £32.39 in fees for the razor with no extra plates. I expect I'll have my brass one for sale to recoup some funds!

mbarno

Forum GOD!
I missed the postman on Thursday, so I received mine today.
It's quite subjective, but I personally don't think the handle detail/design of stainless is as nice as the brass. The design of the head is the same. The new packaging is also less appealing to me, looking rather cheap.

The cost of stainless is literally double compared to brass. If cost is even a slight concern, get the brass one and a tin of brass polish to keep it looking nice.

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
The stainless razor looks much more appealing to me than the brass, but I agree about the pattern on the handle. I'm not bothered about packaging, it's going in the recycling anyway if the razor's a keeper.

eddie2002

Forum GOD!
I missed the postman on Thursday, so I received mine today.
It's quite subjective, but I personally don't think the handle detail/design of stainless is as nice as the brass. The design of the head is the same. The new packaging is also less appealing to me, looking rather cheap.

The cost of stainless is literally double compared to brass. If cost is even a slight concern, get the brass one and a tin of brass polish to keep it looking nice.

View attachment 52386
View attachment 52387
View attachment 52384
BD98456A-CFD3-430D-9231-BED99F919C35.jpeg
429B025C-8776-4290-8C01-F6899ED6C80D.jpeg

This is the packaging for the Karve CB Peek Plastic Razor

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Ordered on the 26th of June, but during the checkout procedure the SB-C plate was sold out, so placed the order without the SB-C plate and asked Chris to wait before sending my order until he could add an SB-C plate. Order was shipped on the 17th of July and I received it on the 29th of July. I got lucky and didn't have to pay any import taxes. My order consisted of:
  • Stainless Steel Top Cap (number S303-00040)
  • Stainless Steel 3" Handle
  • Stainless Steel SB-C, SB-F, OC-C, OC-F plates
  • Stainless Steel Inkwell Stand
  • Karve Semois Valley soap sample (gift from Chris)