Kai DE blade.

kypros

Forum GOD!
Hello all,

my blades of choice are the Plosilver Ir and the Feathers, the feather because of its sharpness and the Polsilver for smoothness and sharpness. I hear loud and clear that the Kai's are as sharp as the Feathers. Is it true? and are they smooth?

Last edited:

p.b

Forum GOD!
What is your #1 and 2?
Gillette Silver Blue and then probably Gillette Stainless.
The problem with asking for others opinion of blades is that YMMV applies to blades more than any other item of shaving so one has to try them to know if they are any good for ones self. Fortunately they are cheap.

kypros

Forum GOD!
I think I will give Kai blades a try, even though I have a lifetime supply of Feathers, Polsilver SI and also Personnas 74 which I forgot to mention. Very rare find and expensive but they last a lot longer than Feathers and Polsilver SI and equally smooth if not a bit smoother.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Tried a Kai in my basic Wilkinson Sword and wasn't impressed by either sharpness or durability, as it was dragging badly after three mornings. However, it was a different blade in the Rockwell on setting 3 and redeemed itself enough to be considered for future use.

steve

alwinvrm

Guru
Kai blades last much longer than Feathers and while I feel that their initial sharpness is slightly less, they remain sharp very long. In my case double the time of a Personna Blue. YMMV of course.

beisler

I like Kai's ,feathers and Gillette Platinum's. Only 3 blades I now use and I usually alternate them for 3 shaves and than bin them.

raoul55

Forum GOD!
Harsh blade for me.

Which just goes to show you'll have to try them for yourself... :D
That's how I would describe them. Technique sensitive... you have to be in your toes. Good performance once you get used to them.