Journaling

Darkbulb

Member #10
As I sit down here at 9am in the morning and crack open my 2017 Hobonichi Techo the blank page of Jan 1 stares back at my and this slightly modified quote by Paisley comes to mind:
"Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Let's write a good one"

The plan is to do some journaling to keep track of personal thoughts throughout the year, structure tasks, etc.
Anyone else here have their pen and journal/planner ready to go?
IMG_2651.JPG

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
We recently bought a five year line a day type journal. Hoping to keep it going! I must admit that I'd thought of keeping a journal this year, but we ended up going for this joint one.

bandito

Ex-Addict
Yes, I bought a MTN last year, which I use regularly. It now contains a lined notebook for reflections, a grid lined notebook for my to do list, another lined notebook for lists, and for this year, a diary.

I have found the idea of journalling to be an attractive one for many years, but only just started - without doubt one of my small pleasures and one of the best things I did last year :)

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Yes, I bought a MTN last year, which I use regularly. It now contains a lined notebook for reflections, a grid lined notebook for my to do list, another lined notebook for lists, and for this year, a diary.
If you don't mind me asking, what's a MTN?

bandito

Ex-Addict
Midori Traveler's Notebook - it's essentially a leather cover which can hold any one of a number of inserts, which makes it highly customisable - it's excellent quality stuff and kinda nice to look at and use :)

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Midori Traveler's Notebook - it's essentially a leather cover which can hold any one of a number of inserts, which makes it highly customisable - it's excellent quality stuff and kinda nice to look at and use :)
Thanks for the information, I'll have a look at one.

bandito

Ex-Addict
Thanks for the information, I'll have a look at one.
It's another rabbit hole - there's a whole Traveler's notebook community out there!

I got mine from The Journal Shop - great service and range of products.

Also, if you Google Midori Traveler's Notebook Flickr, there's some amazing examples of how people use them.

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I used to have a journal, not had one for a while. It got too depressing after a while, given the circumstances at the time.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I maintain two A5 journals. One is a diary/planner for work (Moleskin) and the other is for personal organising, doodling, and 'mindfulness' (Leuchtturm 1917).

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I have a diary not for recording every days events, more for knowing what hours I've worked to claim. Then forthcoming events, birthdays, anniversaries etc. Mine is a Lesther Filofax Personal. This years diary is a Dodo pad. I've s couple of Midori style leather too for notes, lists etc.