Joshua vs Ruiz

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Ruiz might have not looked the part but his record wasn’t bad. AJ’s frailties were shown again

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
I didn't see the fight but I'm not surprised; there always seemed the possibility AJ would be more focussed on the opponent he was supposed to be facing (Fury etc) than the one he fought in the ring.

This is conjecture however, it could have been that Ruiz was by far the superior boxer irrespective of AJ's failings and credit to him for coming in and shaking up the heavyweight division even more.

No surprise for me ...old Klitchko nearly rocked him. I didn't see the fight, however I have always believed a decent boxer would beat him. He has a few weaknesses that his PR machine will never acknowledge because of his marketability. Take nothing away from Joshua, what he's done has been amazing..but he is not as great as many like to think.
Commiserations, AJ.. well done Ruiz.

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
No surprise for me ...old Klitchko nearly rocked him. I didn't see the fight, however I have always believed a decent boxer would beat him. He has a few weaknesses that his PR machine will never acknowledge because of his marketability. Take nothing away from Joshua, what he's done has been amazing..but he is not as great as many like to think.
Commiserations, AJ.. well done Ruiz.
Aside from Ruiz (I've not seen him fight), all the big names in the division have their weaknesses in the ring which is what makes the division comparitively interesting.

On a sidenote, I saw Joshua Buatsi on the undercard who seems to be a upcoming boxer with a great reputation. Personally I just can't see him becoming a belt holder the light heavyweight has some exceptional talent eg Dmitry Bivol who look to be a lot better (IMO).

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I haven't seen the fight, only read about it.

Looks like it was a flukey punch, he got proper battered.

Was it down to complacency?

It's shaken the heavyweight division up that's for sure.