January 2022 Acquisitions

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I am very happy about these unexpected brush acquisitions this month. A good friend whom I met on this forum lent me these brushes after we discussed my preferences. In particular, I wanted something with a bit of backbone and good flow through. I have been missing the latter on my SHD brushes.

From left to right: Romera 2-band, Zenith Manchurian, Epsilon 2-band.

All 3 brushes meet the criteria, but my absolute favourite is the Zenith. This must be a lucky pick, as I can‘t imagine any of the big brush makers still selling brushes if all Zeniths were like this. Natural, scrubby, scritch free tips and probably the best brush I have ever used.

Through a combination of trades and gifts, these brushes have now become my own. Thank you my Italian friend!

2064B0DD-4D86-4F0D-8024-DB538486EFA7.jpeg

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Sunday 9th January

Wild Hog 27mm Boar - Antica Barbaria - DS D.8-C/ Silver Star - Al-Rehab Istanbul Rose EDP

Well this shave was a nice surprise. In my mind the Silver Star was all but spent. Today's 3 pass shave was so smooth and close I am almost tempted to try for a fourth!

lu20vt

Forum GOD!
I am very happy about these unexpected brush acquisitions this month. A good friend whom I met on this forum lent me these brushes after we discussed my preferences. In particular, I wanted something with a bit of backbone and good flow through. I have been missing the latter on my SHD brushes.

From left to right: Romera 2-band, Zenith Manchurian, Epsilon 2-band.

All 3 brushes meet the criteria, but my absolute favourite is the Zenith. This must be a lucky pick, as I can‘t imagine any of the big brush makers still selling brushes if all Zeniths were like this. Natural, scrubby, scritch free tips and probably the best brush I have ever used.

Through a combination of trades and gifts, these brushes have now become my own. Thank you my Italian friend!

View attachment 107610
Zenith 2band. knots are Exceptional :thumbsup: