I needed a prop for a photo

D

Deleted member 30

I had this idea of creating a Gaelic type knot in rope to use as a prop in a Shamrock Tweed product shot. I have never done this before but I think my first attempt is not too bad.

image1(5).jpg

shamrock_01.jpg

Unfortunately It's not quite what I had in mind. I think the rope is a little on the thick side so I've ordered up some thinner rope to have another attempt at this. I will post up my next attempt here.

D

Deleted member 30

@wooky114 I could shave you!

I didn't know that even existed. You are right that would be more fitting. I will give it a try, though will wait until I have more rope as I like to keep the other one for Southsea Spray when it becomes available.

Thank you :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 30

Sorry to interfere, but you made a very good synthesis. With some filters it will be a winner :)

for ex

View attachment 34446
Thank you, that came up alright. Though it wasn't really the style is what I meant, the rope is too thick and doesn't create quite what I had in mind. You done a great job on the photo though thank you again. :)

Yup, I was right, the pile's gotten bigger...

Congratulations you have earned yourself Wickhams stockists status! @wooky114 I'm impressed! :eek:

If your already not on it, PM me your address and I will add you to the testers list for the upcoming new soaps. :okay:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Darron, While it pains me to say this, I feel I must.
An Irish Shamrock, is a small type of clover but it only has a 3 leaves on it! It is often mistaken by a 4 leaf clover.
The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word Seamrog, meaning “little clover”. A clover is the commonly used name for any number of plants belonging to the genus Trifolium, meaning “having three leaves.” The three leaves of a shamrock are also said to stand for faith, hope and love.

A 4 leaf clover knot

D

Deleted member 30

Darron, photograph it on a piece of Tweed I'm sure you can get a sample piece for not a lot off the Bay.
That is a good idea Wayne, thank you. I do have a Harris Tweed scarf that I could also use. The thinner rope has arrived so I should reattempt this image.

Sorry for the slow reply Wayne, I have not been arround much the last few weeks. Have taken on too much work, have my son on Summer holidays and even jumped back on my tools to help a friend out last week. Was nice to get my plastering trowels out, forgot how much I enjoy plastering.

Wayne

Forum Sod
That is a good idea Wayne, thank you. I do have a Harris Tweed scarf that I could also use. The thinner rope has arrived so I should reattempt this image.

Sorry for the slow reply Wayne, I have not been arround much the last few weeks. Have taken on too much work, have my son on Summer holidays and even jumped back on my tools to help a friend out last week. Was nice to get my plastering trowels out, forgot how much I enjoy plastering.
Who the chuff enjoys plastering? It’s the worst trade of all :laugh:

D

Deleted member 30

Who the chuff enjoys plastering? It’s the worst trade of all :laugh:
Mate when you been making soap solid for a couple of years and over coming the challenges that come with such a business, plastering is such a dream.

It's the best trade out of all of them when you think that you don't have much in the way of tools and materials to carry onboard. I use to hate having to empty out my van to find one tool when I had a painting and decorating company. Then it was off to the merchants to buy materials throughout the job which wastes time, fuel and money. I never have this problem with plastering. And it also keeps you fit, big saving on gym fees. Come on Wayne mate you know you love plastering really. :laugh:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Mate when you been making soap solid for a couple of years and over coming the challenges that come with such a business, plastering is such a dream.

It's the best trade out of all of them when you think that you don't have much in the way of tools and materials to carry onboard. I use to hate having to empty out my van to find one tool when I had a painting and decorating company. Then it was off to the merchants to buy materials throughout the job which wastes time, fuel and money. I never have this problem with plastering. And it also keeps you fit, big saving on gym fees. Come on Wayne mate you know you love plastering really. :laugh:
Mate, I am a time served Bricklayer. I have no time for those that cover up such artistry