I miss dressing up to go to work

Smiffy

Forum GOD!
I haven't worn a suit for a while now. in fact I was looking through my wardrobe last week and found some money in a suit pocket that I had forgotten about, I told Mrs Smith and she said it was hers. I tested her and said I had found a johnny in the same pocket, was that hers also.

Same goes for shoes, I have some good leather shows, Churchs, Barkers and Loakes, they are just gathering dust. My concern is that my feet will have relaxed due to wearing slippers or going barefoot and I won't fit into the shoes.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Same goes for shoes, I have some good leather shows, Churchs, Barkers and Loakes, they are just gathering dust. My concern is that my feet will have relaxed due to wearing slippers or going barefoot and I won't fit into the shoes.
At the very least they'll give you blisters. :(

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Interesting thread.... today I went to the hospital with my wife as she was having some tests and while I waited outside, I sat on a bench overlooking something that appeared to be a staff area only and there were several doctors having video chats... the sun was out so all very nice. It got me thinking about what the Daily Mail is being saying about GPs that they don't want to go back to give face to face appointments for everyone that wants one and they prefer phone calls or "video examination". If this is true then it seems they aren't missing dressing up in their white coats, are they?
The last time I saw a GP was in GPs behind doors on channel 4 lol.... jokes aside, March 2020 was the last time I saw my GP and all my heart controls, blood tests and diabetes check ups have been either phone calls or postponed till further notice.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Being newly retired, I don’t miss anything about dressing up or work. After 42 years, I got that out of my system.

Just finished biking a trail up on the mountain. My attire was a t shirt, Marmot shorts, and Vans….lol!!

Ed13

Prior to the pandemic I would never go to work without a collared shirt (95%+ at least a proper dress shirt with dress trousers). Wear jeans most days now with a t-shirt or something else much more casual. Also because I semi-retired this year.

Every week or two I still wear a sports jacket with wool trousers, collared shirt and tie. Slowly going back to smarter dress attire. Casual clothes are good for recreational activities or lounging around the house but I always seem to accomplish more when I am dressed better.