I am currently reading ...

slapo

It's... alive!

The Poppy War somewhat resembles The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss because of the main character and some of the initial bits of the story.
However, it's its own book. Prose is different, but very readable and enjoyable, at least for me.

Petronius

Forum GOD!
The Accursed Kings Series - 1st book and will continue with next … (in origin "Le Roi de Fer)
Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - and Why Things Are Better Than You Think

jeepie

Forum GOD!
The Accursed Kings Series - 1st book and will continue with next … (in origin "Le Roi de Fer)
Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
I really want to read Factfulness. It’s on my list. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petronius

Forum GOD!
I really want to read Factfulness. It’s on my list. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought this book because it is according to Bill Gates one of most important books and all US college graduates could get copy for free from his pages. He gives this book to business partners and politicians also …

Everyone probably knows quotes of former British PMs …“the only statistics you can trust are the ones you have falsified yourself” and “three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics”. What about you and statistics? If you trust in statistics this book is for you, because shows through statistics data, how human thinking can be false. Books shares some similarities with Kahneman´ s "Thinking fast and slow", "Superforecasting" , "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail – but Some Don´t or Dobelli´s "Art of Thinking Clearly". So nothing new under Sun, but definitely worth to spend money and time with this book. There are some new and interesting facts about world where we live, but too much theory and am I able to change my way of thinking based on this book? It´s very difficult especially in our age (at least for me). Every piece of information which can help me to keep my eyes and brain more open is welcome though.

Have you read book by Steven Pressfield named "Do the Work"? I love one sentence from this book. "You´re allowed to read three books on your subject. No more. " Then do the work.

jeepie

Forum GOD!
I bought this book because it is according to Bill Gates one of most important books and all US college graduates could get copy for free from his pages. He gives this book to business partners and politicians also …

Everyone probably knows quotes of former British PMs …“the only statistics you can trust are the ones you have falsified yourself” and “three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics”. What about you and statistics? If you trust in statistics this book is for you, because shows through statistics data, how human thinking can be false. Books shares some similarities with Kahneman´ s "Thinking fast and slow", "Superforecasting" , "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail – but Some Don´t or Dobelli´s "Art of Thinking Clearly". So nothing new under Sun, but definitely worth to spend money and time with this book. There are some new and interesting facts about world where we live, but too much theory and am I able to change my way of thinking based on this book? It´s very difficult especially in our age (at least for me). Every piece of information which can help me to keep my eyes and brain more open is welcome though.

Have you read book by Steven Pressfield named "Do the Work"? I love one sentence from this book. "You´re allowed to read three books on your subject. No more. " Then do the work.
I really enjoy statistics. I look forward to reading Factfulness and finding more about it. I will also add the Steven Pressfield book to my list. I totally agree - an analogy would be in the gym - whether you use kettlebells or dumbbells you still have to pick them up!

This is a marvellous data analysis book: