How to shave like Kirby Allison

R181

Grumpy old man
A bit pretentious but that is apparently his shtick. Next time you see you GP/family doctor ask him if pores have muscle to open up when hot water is applied to your face.

Bob

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
If I’m being picky, “wet shaving” doesn’t necessarily mean soap brush and DE, it covers cartridges and goo too.

Bob’s right about pores too.

R181

Grumpy old man
If I’m being picky, “wet shaving” doesn’t necessarily mean soap brush and DE, it covers cartridges and goo too.

Bob’s right about pores too.
He would have been shave to say "traditional" wet shaving.

WRT pores opening, it is just one of a number of fallacies associated with traditional wet shaving that has been accepted as gospel over the years. Lets face it, the old style barbers wanted to give the customer the deluxe treatment so you had hot towels and all the other crap to make the customer feel like he was getting his monies worth.

Bob

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I can believe hot towels help with softening stubble, and a cold rinse feels nice sometimes, but the stuff about pores is a load of bunk.

RandySp

Legendary Member
He also used Castle Forbes, an overrated cream IMO. No slicker than Maca Root from Body Shop that costs 9£.

R181

Grumpy old man
I can believe hot towels help with softening stubble, and a cold rinse feels nice sometimes, but the stuff about pores is a load of bunk.
I shave with old and for years now. No need for hot water/towel if you don't want it for shaving.

Bob

slapo

Forum GOD!
R41 and suit. Innnteresting. :)

EDIT: also his stretch technique where he scrapes the soap off. :meh:

Last edited: