How many razors ?

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Interesting that you use such a wide range of Karve plates. I found a huge difference from C to D, to the extent that I won't even bother with anything above or below. In what ways are you using them differently?
Well the brass was purchased with those plates together in the daily shavers kit, it's great value. I use different plates depending on how my skin is feeling or time between shaves. I enjoy B, C and D plates.

Karve Stainless is an unknown, it's a birthday gift so not used yet. I wanted an open comb for the small collection but how this fits in I don't know. If I don't get in with OC I'll buy another plate, but keep the OC plates for the future as I get older and my hair becomes more corse.

Besides OC looks cool on the Stainless Karve 😂

Last edited:

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Well the brass was purchased with those plates together in the daily shavers kit, it's great value. I use different plates depending on how my skin is feeling or time between shaves. I enjoy B, C and D plates.

Karve Stainless is an unknown, it's a birthday gift so not used yet. I wanted an open comb for the small collection but how this fits in I don't know. If I don't get in with OC I'll buy another plate, but keep the OC plates for the future as I get older and my hair becomes more corse.

I am curious to know how it goes for you. My issue with the Karve D was blade feel. But if the increased blade gap of the E and F make it a smoother experience, I'd be intrigued. Completely agree with you on OC looking sharp on the Karve. To me, OC looks best on the Karve and the Timeless (original style).

Boycie83

Space Cadet

If you were forced to choose between your Brass Karve and the Yates, which would you choose?

Asking for a friend....

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Going on looks I would have to agree. Much more difficult to choose based on the shaving experience.
Very true, Karve is more Flexible with the choice of plates currently. It's definitely much more of a looker that's for sure. Yates Razor for me is the perfect travel razor that's a joy to use at home. However for travel it's a razor you don't have to worry about damaging, I love the case for it as well.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Down to 4 (finally):

1. Merkur 39C
2. Pils 101NL
3. Feather AS-D2
4. Feather WS-D2

4 razors, 103 soaps and creams, and 3200 razor blades. I think that's paring it down to the minimum.
Did You sell Muhle Rocca? 103 soaps and creams! How many you reckon unused?

allmightu

I still have the R95 for sale. It's just not in the rota. I stretched the number of soaps and creams. There are actually 20 of them. Just seems like a hundred.
xD 100 soaps would have been a bit excessive! The Rocca is my favorite razor - lovely sound, efficiency and perfect level of aggression (ppl need to use a steeper angle and ride the bar).

Steve

Boomer Member
xD 100 soaps would have been a bit excessive! The Rocca is my favorite razor - lovely sound, efficiency and perfect level of aggression (ppl need to use a steeper angle and ride the bar).
Nothing beats the Pils or AS-D2 if your beard accommodates them.

thehaverl

Forum GOD!
"Nothing can never be enough"
Up to 7 razors after starting around mid 2016;
  1. Merkur 34HD
  2. Muhle R41
  3. Parker Variant
  4. Fatip Piccolo
  5. Timeless SS 0.68 SB and 0.68 OC
  6. 1950 Gillette Super Speed
  7. 1964 Gillette Flair Tip Super Speed