How long can I make it last?

Koiguchi

@ 23 cents each, I burn through blades like once a week. 52 a year. One box is just shy of a 2 year supply.
and thats the creme de creme Feathers, not the 9 cent Derbys.

Why would you want to torture yourself like that.

Xring3

Über Member
@ 23 cents each, I burn through blades like once a week. 52 a year. One box is just shy of a 2 year supply.
and thats the creme de creme Feathers, not the 9 cent Derbys.

Why would you want to torture yourself like that.
IT WAS A TEST! The last shave wasn’t that bad or uncomfortable. Probably could have gotten another week or so out of it.

Pattorashu

Senior Moment
For Science!

1580255330316.png

There's a ton of people who push things to the limits because they can. As long as you're not pushing a blade to a truly uncomfortable point, i.e. lasting irritation, why not give it a go? You might find out that a blade improves from shaves 4-6 instead of deteriorates!

Emthor

So.. Just to make sure i understand...
You shaved 26 times with the same cart?? That's actually kind of impressive, i feel it getting bad after just one shave - if i only shave 2-3 times a week that is.

Quique

Forum GOD!
When I used my Gillette Contour or Sensor 3, I could take 10 shaves to each cartridge.
Now that I use DE, I only take three uses to a PermaSharp blade.
I am surprised when I read people who take 7 or 8 uses to a DE

Xring3

Über Member
So.. Just to make sure i understand...
You shaved 26 times with the same cart?? That's actually kind of impressive, i feel it getting bad after just one shave - if i only shave 2-3 times a week that is.
I did! I may have been able to get a few more but, I probably would have began to experience some irritation.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
When all I knew was cartridge razors I would typically go 3 to 4 weeks and sometimes more on a single Mach 3 cartridge shaving 5 to 6 days a week. Those last shaves before changing carts were pretty rough. So it seems your experience is pretty similar to mine. I'm just glad I don't use carts anymore other than when I'm traveling by air and carrying on bags.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Interesting experiment. I used to use this little device:
It did extend the life of a cartridge but also removed a fair amount of the lubricating strip on my cartridge head. I presume denim may have a similar result, although the above may 'polish' the blade to a greater degree?

Emthor

It did extend the life of a cartridge but also removed a fair amount of the lubricating strip on my cartridge head. I presume denim may have a similar result, although the above may 'polish' the blade to a greater degree?
I used the Razorpit for a couple of years, and it does extend the cartridge by some weeks. Haven't used it in 6 months since i discovered the joy of DE's.
Never actually noticing it removing the lubricant strip. Nice observation.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I have one, but find that the results are no better than stropping a dozen times on the top of my forearm.