Homelike Taiga Adjustable Razor

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
Switched to the solid bar plate tonight and dialed it all the way up, which on my razor is all the way around once back to 1 again. I received a very smooth 2 pass BBS shave I am very pleased with this razor it lets me use OC or SB and different levels based on what I need for each shave and it is always buttery smooth.

This

for sure is a very good question for @HomeLikeShaving
Good morning

Much depends not only on us. We would really like to ensure that the goods are always in stock, but because of the high demand and our small production capacities (and we have one of them), we are forced to put out batches of razors for sale in order of priority.
The START batch is already ready for a sale (AISI 316 steel grade) - we will add to the site on Monday.
The next Hummingbird (Kolibri) razor is ideally at the end of March (they promised to do it by the end of February, a month for processing, engraving, etc.)
Then the Taiga razor - the party will be with a lot of razors, so we denote the maximum time for selling end of summer, beginning of autumn.
Perhaps in the summer Baikal will also be put into production.
But as I have already said, a lot depends not only on us, and the terms can change both upwards and downwards.

Let's hope for the best :)

sphetnik

Forum GOD!
Hi! I can't find the right setting for this Taiga adjustable. I find it harsh and inefficient. I tried all possible combinations. So i'm pretty sure I'll sell it.

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
Tried the open comb base plate for the first time this evening, what a different beast!!!

with more than 24 hrs growth I usually do 3 passes with the solid plate, 6, 4 then 2

36 hrs of growth was mown down on 3 and I then did another two passes on 2. Excellent results, DFS but with more alum block feedback than normal on my neck

Clouds

Forum GOD!
Tried the open comb base plate for the first time this evening, what a different beast!!!
I found the same thing. The Solid Bar plate is smoother while the Open Comb is more efficient.
Smoothness VS Effeciency - take your pick. I suspect that there are going to be fans on both.

Razorman

Forum GOD!
I am really enjoying using mine with the open comb. Very smooth, it mows down the hair smoother than most of my other open combs. I haven’t even tried it yet with the SB comb as if I don’t need to.

Morecolor

Forum GOD!
Both are nice, but I actually prefer the open comb to the solid bar. A good deal considering is comes with both options

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Smooth, smooth and smooth. The razor delivered exactly what I was expecting and perhaps a bit more. Excellent craftsmanship and feel in the hands while exhibiting a nice balance from the bottom of the handle to the top cap though, I do feel it leans slightly towards the top in weight bias. Nevertheless, it was an excellent 3 pass shave on its first go. Set it on 4 with a fresh Feather and I ran with it. There is a bit of blade feel but it’s slightly muted that you feel as though the razor & blade combo won’t bite you. Again, it was on setting 4 so it was just slightly under the mid point in aggression. But, it still cuts with a smooth efficiency and just removes the whiskers with a calm authority. First shave was awesome and looking forward to getting in a full weeks worth especially with the OC plate. This razor is a banger for sure...

7B414089-58DD-4EDC-A45A-30D841DB746A.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Shave #2 with the Taiga and the same Feather blade on its 2nd use. Had to try it on its max setting of 6 but, it can actually go a full 2 1/2 sizes past the 6 marker. Stubble was just barely a days worth so, kept it at 6. Tiny bit more blade feel yet just as smooth as yesterday’s shave on 4. Can’t tell that there’s a Feather in there, tames it that well. The Orange Patchouli from Lisa’s is just an amazing scent & performer. Great shave truth be told. Going to go a couple of days without shaving and swap out the SB plate and install the OC version and go full tilt. A great day and shaves to all....

41B929AD-EBF2-43B4-8E4A-2970736D2F7D.jpeg