Henson Aluminum Razor Canada

jphelan81

Forum GOD!

Just collected from DO.

Massively impressed with the precision that this is machined to. Zero wiggle on the top cap and base plate. I'm guessing that there's a stainless insert where the handle attaches to the base? Or it could just be plain Aluminium to prevent the anodising wearing off... The threads are smooth as silk.. Very very impressed. Shave report later.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, seems great value.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I'm guessing that there's a stainless insert where the handle attaches to the base? Or it could just be plain Aluminium to prevent the anodising wearing off...
It’s an insert made of Tungsten according to the manufacturers, Lee. It’s designed to reduce friction and wear between the handle and baseplate.

EDIT: Ignore my comment, Lee. I’ve just seen that Barry has already answered the question above.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member

First shave done. Gobsmacked, amazing... Wizardry.
The blade is clamped SO firmly that the is ZERO, and I mean zero blade chatter, noise. Not a great deal of blade exposure, feel, but you do know it's there. It behaves like a an SE so stiff is the blade held. The weight is perfect, the handle length is perfect.
Everything about this razor is absolutely spot on, I wouldn't change anything. Maybe Gents that love massive gaps and loads of blade feel may not like it but for me it is PERFECT!

Well done @HensonShaving - marvellous. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

jphelan81

Forum GOD!

The blade is clamped SO firmly that the is ZERO, and I mean zero blade chatter, noise. Not a great deal of blade exposure, feel, but you do know it's there. It behaves like a an SE so stiff is the blade held. The weight is perfect, the handle length is perfect.
Everything about this razor is absolutely spot on, I wouldn't change anything. Maybe Gents that love massive gaps and loads of blade feel may not like it but for me it is PERFECT!

WOW!

Good enough for me, I'll be purchasing. Is it just shaving station that has them in UK? I'll have to wait for the black or black and red.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
WOW!

Good enough for me, I'll be purchasing. Is it just shaving station that has them in UK? I'll have to wait for the black or black and red.
Believe so, I asked for black and red, it was one of his options
He had a colour specific to Shaving Station too

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!

Ahh Damn Lee, I wish you hadn’t posted such a positive review, wallet takes another hit!😁

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
It isn't often a new razor brings anything genuinely new/different to the table, IMO this does! The blade clamping design, the gap, blade feel, efficiency are just absolutely spot on me. I think if they made it in Stainless, which I'm sure they will, it will change what the razor from what it is now.