Help with J.A. Henckels and Friodur

Matador

Über Member
Hello Folks I need help with this particular straight Razors, I really want one but the question is which one ????
Is too many out there it’s like buying beer
Way too many to choose from.
Shapes, sizes, numbers etc etc
If someone knows about this matter please let me know, for reference I like big blades 7/8-8/8 don’t know which friodur blade will meet this specs.
Anyways any info will be much appreciated
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I have owned quite a few, still have a NOS Henckels Friodur 14 8/8 full hollow, I do like the 72 the razors a nice 6/8 full hollow the 72V means it's a wedge the 17 is a big 7/8 full hollow also the 1/2 numbers mean the razors are a round point, Friodur means they are stainless steel, excellent shavers, considering how expensive the Friodur 14 can be I would look for a 72 Friodur with a nicely etched spine. PS also forgot to mention the 451 5/8 that's a nice little razor extra hollow.

DSC_0096.JPG

Last edited:

Matador

Über Member
I have owned quite a few, still have a NOS Henckels Friodur 14 8/8 full hollow, I do like the 72 the razors a nice 6/8 full hollow the 72V means it's a wedge the 17 is a big 7/8 full hollow also the 1/2 numbers mean the razors are a round point, Friodur means they are stainless steel, excellent shavers, considering how expensive the Friodur 14 can be I would look for a 72 Friodur with a nicely etched spine. PS also forgot to mention the 451 5/8 that's a nice little razor extra hollow.

View attachment 50738
Terrific input thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!

Both My Henckels were NOS...The 401 is a Cracking Shaver But the Henckels Friodur 72 is the Dogs Bollocks.. Friodur Models are Superb Solingen Razors..As Far as Solingen Razors Go it Doesnt Get Any Better..In My Books Anyway...:okay:

Billy