Help me choose a soap

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
How about some Acca Kappa

Or Another Cheapy that for me punches above it's weight is TFS Ciotola Rossa. can be had for as little as 2 Euros

chazt

Forum !
For soft artisan soaps I like Shannon’s, Mike’s Natural and B&M. Lately though I’m just crazy for DRH Arlington and Marlborough. Unlike most artisan soaps which imo are quite strongly scented, DRH hits my Baby Bear spot just right. I also quite like the lather it makes.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
For soft artisan soaps I like Shannon’s, Mike’s Natural and B&M. Lately though I’m just crazy for DRH Arlington and Marlborough. Unlike most artisan soaps which imo are quite strongly scented, DRH hits my Baby Bear spot just right. I also quite like the lather it makes.
DRH is under-appreciated these days, I've used Arlington and Marlborough this last week and really enjoyed them. I also have the sandalwood which is really nice.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
No shortage of suggestions there.

Maybe drying, causes irritation for some (apparently when overloading), but MdC has some wonderful scents and is idiot proof in use.

Eufros, Ethos (tricky to get).

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Gents
My current line up soap wise is: B&M Glissant x 5. Stirling x 5 & A&E x 5. I'm getting bored and need to spend a few quid. I've bought a Leaf Razor today, bit of a knee jerk impulse because it is different and inexpensive, so if I get it wrong, I can shift it on and it didn't cost me an Arm and a Leg.
I need some soap I've had loads but don't mind revisiting something so Fire away, what would you buy if you were me?
Thanks in advance.
I thought you were building a stock of OSP too?

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Amazing list isn't it?
How lucky we are.
I have no hesitation saying we are perhaps living through the golden era of wet shaving, vicariously or otherwise.
If ordering from outside Uk is not an issue i will call out for T&S soaps. They are strangely better and large part is they do not contain FO but in all fairness they are bit of an acquired taste in scent composition. However the natural scents feel very relaxing to me and largely responsible for binning all my sterling samples.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Meissner Tremonia

Really quality ingredients and formulation. Soft pastes are just lovely. Dark Limes is wonderful and that's high praise from a fellow who spits poison at any shaving soap that contains shea butter, but they got it right.

D

Deleted member 1881

Meissner Tremonia

Really quality ingredients and formulation. Soft pastes are just lovely. Dark Limes is wonderful and that's high praise from a fellow who spits poison at any shaving soap that contains shea butter, but they got it right.
Do you get lather density from the paste?

Trevorphilipz

Gents
My current line up soap wise is: B&M Glissant x 5. Stirling x 5 & A&E x 5. I'm getting bored and need to spend a few quid. I've bought a Leaf Razor today, bit of a knee jerk impulse because it is different and inexpensive, so if I get it wrong, I can shift it on and it didn't cost me an Arm and a Leg.
I need some soap I've had loads but don't mind revisiting something so Fire away, what would you buy if you were me?
Thanks in advance.
Have you heard of Ariana&Evans, Sphinx Beard, or Spearhead? All top notch soaps from what I hear from the wet shaving communities I am in presently. I do have a couple of pucks from Sphinx Beard and I can tell you from firsthand experience that those are top notch soaps and frags even if they happen to be dupes. Best wishes and I hope you find a quality soap to your liking.