Heathrow T2 and Parking

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hilton T5 parking was great. On the lead up they actual extended the parking free of charge giving an extra day in case of travel delays. Uber from T5 was great too. Coming back we opted for a taxi. Great system at Heathrow you go to the rank, say where you want and they give you a price First time I have encountered that. Uber USA side was great too. Ordered one for 2.00 a.m. and it was there. Ordered an XL car as three suitcases and three carry on take a load of space up. Up rocks a Lincoln Navigator ! Massive and very comfy.

dc68

-------------
Hilton T5 parking was great. On the lead up they actual extended the parking free of charge giving an extra day in case of travel delays. Uber from T5 was great too. Coming back we opted for a taxi. Great system at Heathrow you go to the rank, say where you want and they give you a price First time I have encountered that. Uber USA side was great too. Ordered one for 2.00 a.m. and it was there. Ordered an XL car as three suitcases and three carry on take a load of space up. Up rocks a Lincoln Navigator ! Massive and very comfy.
The price system is because LHR is technically outside the Hackney London cab zone, so they are not obliged to have to use the meter.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The price system is because LHR is technically outside the Hackney London cab zone, so they are not obliged to have to use the meter.
I knew that they were outside of the Hackney zone. Knowing what it will cost before hand is a good way, saves tourists getting scammed. We were scammed once in Denver. Driver drove and drove from airport to a hotel. When we questioned him he re routed, when we got there he wanted $75 for what should of been a far cheaper ride. He reduced it to $50, we were too tired to argue anymore. Next morning when the concierge found out he said we should of gone in to the front desk. It was happening often and they just called the police when it happened. Apparently the police took the same dim view of taxi drivers scamming tourists.