Headphones

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
After having a load of different headphone, on ear, over ear, in ear I decided to spend out a bit more. So I got a pair of B&O H9 third gen. WOW ! The sound difference is fantastic. I have quite a broad range of musical taste, but Kraftwerk (3D) is mind blowing ! Very comfy to wear as well even with my big head ! Very pleased with them. My daughter has also lucked out on this as she liked my Over ear Studio Beats.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Do any of these have replaceable batteries? One thing holding me back from splurging on headphones is that I don't want them to die when the battery inevitably degrades.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Do any of these have replaceable batteries? One thing holding me back from splurging on headphones is that I don't want them to die when the battery inevitably degrades.
The previous incarnation of mine had replaceable battery packs. But not this generation, but they should last a few years. They make replacement ear pads but a whopping £65 !!! Being mad of Lamb Leather I suppose does that to the price, they also only come with a cloth bag, no case as such supplied.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Both well rated Head and Earphones. Do the Jabra stay in the ear well ? I find that type ok for a while then I get itchy ears !!

I was a while ago looking at the Apple Air Pods, but felt they wouldn’t stay put.
The Jabras I specifically bought as they were well reviewed to stay out while working out, running etc... I can confirm this, they don't move. But I did swap the tips out for some Spin Tips, they fit much better. After a couple of hours, yeah I get itchy ears too!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I don't think they do. Mine are 2 year old now though, well used and the battery is still superb...

Dr Watson

James
Indoors I prefer over ears, still use my old wired Sony MDR-1R's... Good as anything I've tried (HD600, P7, yeah I'm out of touch lol.)

I did buy some Sony WF-1000XM3 in ear noise cancelling bluetooth jobbies for out and about, sound quality is impressive but I find it a bit of a faff with the matching apps and everything. Found a few annoyances with them: very uncomfortable, tried all the tips and they just hurt my ear canals no matter what. When walking or jogging I can hear my footfall quite loudly, mute this with the noise cancelling and I get wind noise instead. Battery depletes unevenly, often one drains 25% faster than the other.

Thinking of sticking them on eBay and getting some Cambridge Melomania's instead.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I don't think they do. Mine are 2 year old now though, well used and the battery is still superb...
Those Sonys seem to sell for around £100 and get good reviews too. Hmm...

I've tried a few different kinds of headphones and have come to the conclusion that my ears do not like anything in them or on them, so over-ears are probably the way to go.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!

I've tried a few different kinds of headphones and have come to the conclusion that my ears do not like anything in them or on them, so over-ears are probably the way to go.
I find over ear a lot more comfy. Obviously there is that size difference, ear pod style are very discreet. In ear though do drive me mad, so itch.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I'm pretty much old school and I'm still using my Sony MDR-7506 over ear headphones. I like that I'm hearing what the engineer likely heard when he mixed the music. Only thing negative is the ear pads they come with eventually start to flake. I replaced them with velor ear pads. No more crunching sound and super comfy. And they sound great. $100.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I will say, the nice cancelling isn't the best, it's not intended to be, as Sony's top end noise cancelling is reserved for the higher spec models. It does mute train noise etc nicely though...

Dr Watson

James
I'm pretty much old school and I'm still using my Sony MDR-7506 over ear headphones. I like that I'm hearing what the engineer likely heard when he mixed the music. Only thing negative is the ear pads they come with eventually start to flake. I replaced them with velor ear pads. No more crunching sound and super comfy. And they sound great. $100.
Absolute classics. Have to be wary of Chinese fakes if buying them online these days, they are near impossible to tell apart from the real deal even in the flesh... Until you plug them in :D

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I will say, the nice cancelling isn't the best, it's not intended to be, as Sony's top end noise cancelling is reserved for the higher spec models. It does mute train noise etc nicely though...
I’m in the minority that doesn’t want noise cancelling, I like to be aware of my surroundings and know if someone speaks to me, so that’s not a problem. In fact I probably wouldn’t switch it on.