Headphones - Which ones do you use?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Great info, thanks @slapo :thumbsup:
The B150 (and B200) and the Final E2000 were on my shortlist. In the end I've taken a gamble on the Massdrop EDC.
I also bagged a pair of Mee Audio X7's for the gym running. I hope they fit!
Finally my X7s turned up after a paypal claim was opened!
Go to say they are a nice set 0f phones! Sounds wise, not as good as my Shures were (with the cheapo chinese bluetooth cable), but they feel well made and they actually fit my ears nicely. I'll give them a whirl at the gym/running as soon as poss.

slapo

It's... alive!
Go to say they are a nice set 0f phones! Sounds wise, not as good as my Shures were (with the cheapo chinese bluetooth cable), but they feel well made and they actually fit my ears nicely. I'll give them a whirl at the gym/running as soon as poss.
They do look like they should fit reasonably well, although one can never tell from the pictures what's it really going to be like. There are always some Ifs. Mee has a pretty good reputation, though.
You might like to play around with ear tips. Wide bore tips tend to lift mids and treble, so do thinner silicone ones. Denser foamies increase bass (due to better seal), but e. g. Inairs I found could be somewhere in between. Double/triple flange tips and Spinfits are interesting, too. Symbio tips are silicone tips with foam.
I find different tips alone can transform an underwhelming pair of in-ears into a very nice one. And stock tips don't always work due to ear shape differences.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Yeah your quite right @slapo.
I started with the standard medium silicone tips, and they were decent. But they did not seal as well as SHure Olives. So, I fitted my Shure Olives to the X7 and immediately found an improvement. Nice isolation, comfort and a cleaner sound. I have just been out running with them and they did not move once. Very pleased and impressed.

I've tried cheap triple flange and I just can't get a decent fit/isolation with them. I've also tried cheap memory foam style ones, and CBA with the faf of squashing them and awaiting their expansion in my ears...

I shall certainly check out the Inairs, Spinfits and the Symbios though :thumbsup:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
And so after a Customs Ransom, my Massdrop NuForce EDC IEMs have arrived:

Wow, just WOW! Actually superbly made and they sound incredible (to me!). knocks spots off the Shure SE215 in both build quality and sound. They have the same slim nozzle as the Shure/Westone etc... and the medium silicone tips fit and isolate superbly. One set of braided cables without remote and another set of standard cables with remote, cable clip and a selections of silicone tips (S, M & L) and 2 sets of memory foam

slapo

It's... alive!
And so after a Customs Ransom, my Massdrop NuForce EDC IEMs have arrived:

Wow, just WOW! Actually superbly made and they sound incredible (to me!). knocks spots off the Shure SE215 in both build quality and sound. They have the same slim nozzle as the Shure/Westone etc... and the medium silicone tips fit and isolate superbly. One set of braided cables without remote and another set of standard cables with remote, cable clip and a selections of silicone tips (S, M & L) and 2 sets of memory foam
Thanks for the report. :)
The nozzle looks thin, but pretty darn long. Is it just a seeming (maybe the earphone body is just compact), or is it really that long?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
@Rowlers: Thanks. :)

They have to be pretty small then. I'd be tempted, but taxes and RM fees make me reconsider these days.
Yeah I got stung for £16.99 - £8.99 VAT plus the "FEE!"
So £62 all in delivered to the UK, I still think is an utter bargain.

slapo

It's... alive!
On a different note, I've noticed there are 'gaming' in ears that have detachable mics.
As I'm not a big fan of in-line microphones, I gave two of them a try.

One is a Somic G618 Pro (has Bluetooth) and I was pleasantly surprised to find that both audio quality of the in-ears and and mic is pretty decent, especially the in-ears themselves, although the mic also beats most mics on BT devices I had a chance to try so far. Probably due to its closeness to mouth.

The other pair is a wired Xiberia MG-1. They're not as nice sound-wise, but I got them for just under £10. They're also very comfortable, so no complaints really.

slapo

It's... alive!
Yeah I got stung for £16.99 - £8.99 VAT plus the "FEE!"
So £62 all in delivered to the UK, I still think is an utter bargain.
Not bad. I'm still recovering from getting the Flare Audio's Flare Pro, though. :-P

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
First set failed, after 2 months. After a fight with the supplier/manufacturer I got a replacement. This set has also now died. Absolutely dreadful. Never, ever, buy MeeAudio...

Wayne

Forum Sod
Bose.. no idea of the model. They have a fancy background noise cancelling thing and bluetooth and all that.
Plus they have a fancy pants case as well! Also.. when I am wearing them I sometimes pretend I am a famous DJ or flying a helicopter with the A team and we've just rescued some supermodels from a crack team of baddies.

Anyway.. here's a picture..hope it helps:

Quiet Comfort 25's them mate. Same as I have and I will never board an airplane without them. Bloody awesome.

Quiet Comfort 25's them mate. Same as I have and I will never board an airplane without them. Bloody awesome.
I've always said you're a man of impeccable taste, Wayne! Now it's a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1787 and a Pot Noodle for me..while watching t' footie :wink: