Headphones - Which ones do you use?

Farabeuf

Über Member
At home I use a pair of cables Senheisser Momentum’s or my trusty wooden Audio Technica’s. On the commute to work I wear my Bang&Olufsen H9i I got from the mrs for Xmas last year. Love the noise canceling and they are soo comfortable to wear. The comparable Bower Wilkins has too much clamping for my large, large head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I guess I'm the only one using Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I replace the stock ear pads with velour ear pads as I find the stock ones make noise when you move your head a bit. They're also more comfortable. I don't like the idea of augmenting the sound of recorded music and prefer to hear what the engineer who mixed the album was hearing when he/she did it. That's what these are known for, offering a true replication of the music as it was intended. My wife likes the Beats headphones and I tried listening to them. All I hear is too much bass booming in my ears. It becomes uncomfortable. Anyway, I use these and find them to be economical for the sound they deliver.

image.png

D

Deleted member 2076

I only use Apple's Airpods today. It's just super convenient to set them into the ear and they connect and pause. Paired with the Apple Watch I can just listen to music or make a phone call, without even having to take out my phone.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Now added these to my collection:

After using them for a couple of weeks, I am mighty impressed.
Swapped the tips our, for some Shure olives, (that I had to modify do that they fitted into the charging case!) They stay put, during running, the gym, everything that I've thrown at them in fact. Instant pairing, auto play, easy to use controls. Expensive, but worth it IMO...

Matsilainen

Forum GOD!
I guess I'm the only one using Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I replace the stock ear pads with velour ear pads as I find the stock ones make noise when you move your head a bit. They're also more comfortable. I don't like the idea of augmenting the sound of recorded music and prefer to hear what the engineer who mixed the album was hearing when he/she did it.
My choice of headphones, as well! Have been for years, now. I also replaced the stock pads, for increased comfort. I really enjoy the clean, natural sound these headphones convey. No gimmicks.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I got a similar pair from AliExpress, under £5, not sure if the quality is the same as the ones in your link. To be fair they aren’t too bad. The sound isn’t that bad, but they are however a little bigger than the real deal?
Sounds good, had a quick read over a few reviews as you do, they seem ok, very similar to Apple's offerings. However they aren't as good with lower bass frequencies. A ton cheaper though. Most likely only to be used for audio books :)

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Sounds good, had a quick read over a few reviews as you do, they seem ok, very similar to Apple's offerings. However they aren't as good with lower bass frequencies. A ton cheaper though. Most likely only to be used for audio books :)
I’d confirm that on the bass frequencies. I expect they are made in the same factory in China LOL !