Goodfellas Syntesi mini review

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I bought this razor from Maggards about a month ago after seeing it on the April acquisition thread. It was an impulse purchase :rolleyes: that I regretted after reading some reviews that put it on the more aggressive end of the spectrum ( I have several very efficient/aggressive razors and was looking for a daily driver as I should be clean shaven every day for work normally )

Shipping took about 10 days from the USA which was pretty impressive for the budget price.

It is a very good looking modern razor and the quality appeared excellent (especially for the price)

It mowed down 4 days of growth with an Astra SP on its first outing (my go to blade for testing a new razor) then again on about 3 days using a Gillette 7 O Clock black. Both good shaves but not the smoothest.

I have since had about a dozen 3 pass shaves using a NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome.
I find it difficult to find enough superlatives to describe this razor and blade combo (it may also just be because I’ve used it a few times now and got into how it shaves, I will have a go with multiple blades for comparison)

This razor is so good I’m looking to thin my collection! I shaved daily with 3 passes for 4 days with virtually no aftershave feedback and amazing close results. Fingers crossed but I’ve never even had a weeper in all the shaves I’ve done with it and no irritation or razor rash.

I would prefer a slightly longer handle but have adapted well to it. The grip is excellent with wet hands and soap rinses well from the plate.
The very low profile head is superb for under the nose.
I am planning on buying a spare in case they discontinue but may wait a little while to see if they offer a longer handle
IMG_8551.jpeg

slapo

It's... alive!
@bagman If you're quick enough, yourshaving.com has a 20% off sale now until midnight today, and have the Syntesi SS in stock now:

The code should pop up on the front page, but it's YSC11BDW if it wouldn't pop up for you for some reason.

slapo

It's... alive!
I should say - I also bought two of these.

To me, it's an interesting variant on the built-in angle theme, and one of two that was very close to my Henson Al13 medium.
I was a bit worried whether I'd like it, but when I first loaded it with a Permasharp blade, it was such a pleasant combination of smoothess, efficiency and ease for me that I almost purchased a spare right after that shave. Caved in not long after that, though. :p:

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
@bagman If you're quick enough, yourshaving.com has a 20% off sale now until midnight today, and have the Syntesi SS in stock now:

The code should pop up on the front page, but it's YSC11BDW if it wouldn't pop up for you for some reason.
Too late, I’d gone to bed :D however I’ve seen Connaught Shaving stock them and I didn’t need to buy from the US

Triple Milled

Forum GOD!
I've had about ten shaves with this now and I'm impressed. It feels mild in use but gives a very close and fairly long lasting result. Very good against the grain and I think the only way you'd experience any irritation with this, would be if you could hear a party political broadcast playing in the background whilst shaving. It reminds me a bit of the Karve Overlander, not in looks but in the shave characteristics and results. This was equally effective as a daily driver or on a couple of days worth of stubble, it's definitely a keeper.

chazt

Forum !
Enjoy your shaves @bagman! Thanks for sharing.:happy:

I've had about ten shaves with this now and I'm impressed. It feels mild in use but gives a very close and fairly long lasting result. Very good against the grain and I think the only way you'd experience any irritation with this, would be if you could hear a party political broadcast playing in the background whilst shaving. It reminds me a bit of the Karve Overlander, not in looks but in the shave characteristics and results. This was equally effective as a daily driver or on a couple of days worth of stubble, it's definitely a keeper.
Good point. I’ve felt similarly about a few other razors. Interesting shave phenomenon.

slapo

It's... alive!
Mwehehe.
Glad enabling turned out to be a success (or so it would seem). :D