Gillette's New 2 Blade Fusion Type Razor

D

Deleted member 540

I'm on my third or fourth shave with the SkinGuard now, still using the first blade.

First shave was with three days growth and was eye-wateringly tuggy and rough. Since then I've used it to shave no more than 1-2 days growth and it has been a lot better. Nowhere near as irritating as the Fusion or the the Mach3. I can get to a damn fine shave with a little effort and it allows me to do all sorts of stupid things like going ATG on my neck without paying for it. The blades are decent but not as sharp and silky smooth as the Feather MR3. There's a slight tugging on the first pass that I don't like.

All in all, a good razor for guys like me with sensitive skin or the guy that needs to shave every day for work.

neko

Drinking a nice cup of tea
I've tried this new 2 blade fusion cart. Long story short, the base lubricating strip turns the shave into a gooey mess; removing it helps some. The shave is also incredibly mild. I have no interest in using these carts again.

The best Gillette cart so far has been the Mach 3, I just wish they put a nose trimmer on the reverse side like the 5 blade fusion model.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I've tried this new 2 blade fusion cart. Long story short, the base lubricating strip turns the shave into a gooey mess; removing it helps some. The shave is also incredibly mild. I have no interest in using these carts again.

The best Gillette cart so far has been the Mach 3, I just wish they put a nose trimmer on the reverse side like the 5 blade fusion model.
I already hated the slime strip when it was introduced. The original G2 carts were the best they made. I once thought that I had a lifetime supply, but it looks like I was a bit too optimistic (I used them more than I thought I would).

Sabre

Forum GOD!
I already hated the slime strip when it was introduced. The original G2 carts were the best they made. I once thought that I had a lifetime supply, but it looks like I was a bit too optimistic (I used them more than I thought I would).
I have 60 years left. Will I live to be a 110?