gillette silver blue

saj1985

Über Member
hey people so i used the gillette silver blue in my merkur 45 bakelite de razor,
really nice blade, has to be up there with the gillette nacets and rubies too

i'd probably say better then astra sp's and a bit better then dorco titans as the gillette silver blues are very smooth and sharp too YMMV

what are your thoughts and experiences with this blade?

saj1985

Über Member
One of the best I’ve used.
i mean i know its a matter of YMMV but for me so far its like is there such a thing as a bad gillette de blade?

honestly if you think about what gillette achieved with their old vintage razors still giving modern razors a run for their money

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I'm sure I've said this on another GSB thread, it doesn't work for me at all. No idea why, I never get a good shave with one in any razor I've tried

saj1985

Über Member
I'm sure I've said this on another GSB thread, it doesn't work for me at all. No idea why, I never get a good shave with one in any razor I've tried
which razor did you try it in?

you tried the gillette platinum to compare? ive not tried the platinum yet

sev-8

Forum GOD!
I think Nacets, Platinums, 7 O'Clock Super Stainless are all great, 7 O'Clock Super Platinums too.

Don't remember all the razors I've tried it in, definitely my Rockwell 6S, Gillette Super Adjustable, Muhle Rocca and brass Karve. A few others too no doubt

saj1985

Über Member
I think Nacets, Platinums, 7 O'Clock Super Stainless are all great, 7 O'Clock Super Platinums too.

Don't remember all the razors I've tried it in, definitely my Rockwell 6S, Gillette Super Adjustable, Muhle Rocca and brass Karve. A few others too no doubt
im yet to try the black gillette 7 clocks but from what i read soe people hold them in high regard but obviously as you know blades are pretty much personal prefence and what works for you i suppose

Estariol

Über Member
hey people so i used the gillette silver blue in my merkur 45 bakelite de razor,
really nice blade, has to be up there with the gillette nacets and rubies too

i'd probably say better then astra sp's and a bit better then dorco titans as the gillette silver blues are very smooth and sharp too YMMV

what are your thoughts and experiences with this blade?
Oh, my, but they already did. Wanna know how i know?
It's extremely difficult, so i took the time to make illustrated step by step instructions:

IMG_20211013_151303.jpg

IMG_20211013_151404.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-13-15-08-54-345_com.brave.browser.jpg

Hope this helps.