Gillette Pure shaving cream

Yehuda D

Legendary Member
5B615979-FA8E-4E9B-8B19-01C044008FE4.jpeg
My daddy-in-law bought one for himself and one for me. I really didn’t want it at first but I accepted it anyway and I’ll give it a try tomorrow. It’s apparently usable with a brush so let’s see how it works!

I bought a tube earlier this year. It does indeed work well with a brush. Not the slickest or the most cushion in the world and the scent is kind of ho hum and uninteresting but it is serviceable cream at a very reasonable price. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts.

Yehuda D

Legendary Member
I might as well review the cream now:

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Great lather fast and easily. Just a small amount is needed.

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Perfect stability. No thinning or dissipation.

General skincare: 8/10–Pretty good. Soothing, moisturizing, and a light cooling effect.

Scent: 5/10–To be honest I find it weird and not in a nice way.

Price: N/A—I don’t have a clue. My father-in-law bought it for me.

Would I buy again: 0/10–Absolutely never again. I might not even continue using this tube or just use it on rare occasions.

There you have it - I ain’t impressed!

I might as well review the cream now:

Ease of lathering: 10/10–Great lather fast and easily. Just a small amount is needed.

Longevity of lather: 10/10–Perfect stability. No thinning or dissipation.

General skincare: 8/10–Pretty good. Soothing, moisturizing, and a light cooling effect.

Scent: 5/10–To be honest I find it weird and not in a nice way.

Price: N/A—I don’t have a clue. My father-in-law bought it for me.

Would I buy again: 0/10–Absolutely never again. I might not even continue using this tube or just use it on rare occasions.

There you have it - I ain’t impressed!
It's $6.50 in the US.

It would be good for someone with sensitivities to scent and other stuff you find in most shaving creams. It's marketed as being for people with sensitive skin. I have used my tube exactly twice earlier in the year and have yet to reach for it. But if I had a tendency to break out from many creams and soaps, I'd probably be using it. Fortunately I don't.