gillette old vs new - which do you prefer?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

hey so ive got a long comb new and the old gillette too, really interested to hear as to which one you lot prefer?

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I prefer the feel of a long comb, and I have both the short and long.

These are readily available and affordable if you’re the patient sort. Happy hunting!!

slapo

It's... alive!
If that was in response to my post - yes, indeed.
I find that no matter what consistency the soap is, hair gets trapped in the little space between the blade and the teeth of the comb and doesn't rinse out well. When I had about a week of growth, I had to keep loosening the razor to be able to rinse it well enough.
Another things I don't like about it is that, regardless of the blade, it feels a little plucky ATG.

I've had no such issues with the other two.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
If that was in response to my post - yes, indeed.
I find that no matter what consistency the soap is, hair gets trapped in the little space between the blade and the teeth of the comb and doesn't rinse out well. When I had about a week of growth, I had to keep loosening the razor to be able to rinse it well enough.
Another things I don't like about it is that, regardless of the blade, it feels a little plucky ATG.

I've had no such issues with the other two.
I clog everything with that much growth. I’d suggest a first pass shavette, then proceed with your razor of choice. 👍👍😉