Gillette London Bridge

RazorMcRazorface

Cardinal Biggles
Has anyone heard of these blades? I read about them in another forum, and they all are very excited about them. They are made in China, and seem to be the blades to have at the moment.
Screenshot_20201121-230349_eBay.jpg

SeanC

Forum GOD!
AFAIK these are the Gillette (Shanghai) remake of an old Wilkinson Sword export brand that was highly respected. Gillette licensed the name Wilkinson Sword and also it's subsidiary brands some time ago for use in the Far East, hence the Gillette Wilkinson Sword primarily marketed in India. Again AFAIK the current London Bridge blade is intended for Indonesia and the Philippines. To date the (genuine) Chinese Gillette blades I have tried have all been very good.

I've got 100 coming from Thailand via eBay, but have already been warned that shipping could take up to 6 weeks

Last edited:

RazorMcRazorface

Cardinal Biggles
Thank you for your informative input. I think it's facinating how much the markets differ. I was quite baffled as i heard about Gillette Wilkinson blades for the first time. Really looking forward testing these. They seem to have quite the reputation in other forum's.

Kevy

Forum GOD!
I've used them. The first couple of strokes felt rough but the blade really smoothed out after around 3 or 4 strokes. Very smooth feeling and it felt good. I've only used it for 1 shave so I'm not sure of how many shaves it will be good for.
I hope its a good blade, I bought 100 of them!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Mine came today, great value £8.99 for 100 inc delivery. Just loaded up the Leaf this morning with Leaf blades so I will test in a few days time.

Philvantwo

Forum GOD!
I heard about these and ordered 3 packs of 5. They arrived yesterday so I tried one last night, it was okay but I prefer the Gillette winner blades I got from India last year!