Flying and the middle seat

Wayne

Forum Sod
Too right it can’t come soon enough. I’ve booked my flights for July, nothing to loose and something, hopefully, to look forward too.
I'm booked for April and Nov but I'm not holding my breath nor shooting myself waiting for that to happen, I'm resigned to having about 5% chance of April happening and with an expected time of 2.1 yrs to vaccinate the U.K at 1,00,000 per week November will have the same percentage of success. Work is carry on regardless and our managers are currently sending us emails reporting to be proud of the service they are offering our tenants from the comfort of their homes.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I'm booked for April and Nov but I'm not holding my breath nor shooting myself waiting for that to happen, I'm resigned to having about 5% chance of April happening and with an expected time of 2.1 yrs to vaccinate the U.K at 1,00,000 per week November will have the same percentage of success. Work is carry on regardless and our managers are currently sending us emails reporting to be proud of the service they are offering our tenants from the comfort of their homes.
I am hopeful but we will see.

Work wise for me I get this impression that they have now given up on the year. No exams and things in place for practical assignments. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us off until September.

dc68

-------------
I am booked for business trips abroad in March and May. However, I can foresee that no country will allow non-vaccinated visitors ( something I agree with subject to a medical reason for refusal) . Anticipating that I am unlikely have my two doses until June, I think my trips will have to be delayed further. It's a shame because the government would receive around 4k in income tax from the work I would be doing on those trips.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Countries opening for unhindered travel I believe isn't going to happen for at least two more years. What our government has done has hampered our progress and really set us back by allowing people to come into this country from abroad. We would all have emerged sooner had it not have been for foreign travel. In my opinion all countries should have completely shut down borders to all except air and road freight, where the Pilots or Drivers are not allowed to alight in other countries.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I’m finally getting away, hopefully, in Nov to Tenerife, filled in more forms than I care to remember, booked a crappy test for my return too, free to everyone except travellers of course, keeps the tax rolling in. Someone has to pay for the pandemic I suppose.
I’m still not 100% confident it will happen with School half term coming first, so infections are bound to rise. We’ll see.

Reactions: p.b

dc68

-------------
I’m finally getting away, hopefully, in Nov to Tenerife, filled in more forms than I care to remember, booked a crappy test for my return too, free to everyone except travellers of course, keeps the tax rolling in. Someone has to pay for the pandemic I suppose.
I’m still not 100% confident it will happen with School half term coming first, so infections are bound to rise. We’ll see.
The money for the PCR/lateral flow on arrival doesn't go to the government, apart from the VAT. Its a small price to pay.I went to Budapest and Vienna for work in September, PCR before departure; PCR before leaving VIE, PCR on return. Austria had it sorted, free PCR gargle tests at loads of locations, had to show NHS cert in every bar and restaurant including at breakfast in the hotel. Minor inconvenience only, felt very safe that everyone who was in any indoor public space had either been double vaccinated or had taken a LFT/PCR within 24 hours to give them a temporary green pass.
Make sure you have a tablet or phone to do the Passenger locator form before departure back to the UK. I found Verifly a great app to use to upload all the necessary forms, was a breeze checking in and coming through passport control. But it depends upon if your airline is using the App.
I am off in 10 days...PCR before departure; PCR on arrival; quarantine until result comes through; PCR before departure; lateral flow upon arrival back in UK....its actually more inconvenient not to be able to use the EU lines at airports than anything else ( and I voted leave).

dc68

-------------
Oh and no need to book tests if you are travelling more than three weeks away, likely we will be part of the EUDCC by then