floid spashes

RandySp

Legendary Member
An old thread, but the Floid Black has the same healing properties as the Suave one?

Because I can't stand the smell of Suave. It is way too "old man" for me. If I was 65 or 70 it would be a good choice but now...

Dr Watson

The Other James
An old thread, but the Floid Black has the same healing properties as the Suave one?

Because I can't stand the smell of Suave. It is way too "old man" for me. If I was 65 or 70 it would be a good choice but now...
I found them to be the same performance wise Randy, quite an oily face feel. The black has no menthol and a very sweet fruity fragrance, something like a budget unisex scent from the 90's... I really didn't like it but if you enjoy CKOne etc then it should be fine.

RandySp

Legendary Member
I found them to be the same performance wise Randy, quite an oily face feel. The black has no menthol and a very sweet fruity fragrance, something like a budget unisex scent from the 90's... I really didn't like it but if you enjoy CKOne etc then it should be fine.
Hmm, so, no menthol? I like the cold feel of the Suave but I can't stand the smell. I may like the scent of the Black more, based on your writings!

Thanks James.

Dr Watson

The Other James
Hmm, so, no menthol? I like the cold feel of the Suave but I can't stand the smell. I may like the scent of the Black more, based on your writings!

Thanks James.
I don't remember any menthol, it's been over a year though and I have tried a lot of products since so the memory is a little hazy :scratchhead:

I find the Spanish Floids to smell like old fashioned "cough sweets" which I don't mind actually but it's way too strong in the Floids, if it lasted for 10 minutes that would be great but it's more like 8+ hours :surrender:

cough_candy_twist_sweets.jpg

Optometrist

Forum GOD!

Thanks James.
Floïd Black has no menthol, but the scent has always reminded me of Creed Aventus. Not the same, obviously, but some likeness.

I've tried all the Floid splashes (Blue, Amber, Suave, Vigaroso and Black)

Suave, Vigaroso and Black are the Spanish made variants (AFAIK) and all very good. Suave and Vigaroso have exactly the same scent..the only difference is the menthol content..suave has less, Vigaroso has a lot.
Black is the modern scent of the three..sweet, citrusy and modern with no menthol. Definitely has a vibe of something like Creed Aventus (but not at all the same) but also I got smell of "Pear drops" a sort of pear flavoured hard candy available in the UK. Not sure if there's an equivalent in other countries. It's sweet and fruity.

Blue and Amber are the Italian made ones (AFAIK) Blue smells identical to Epsilon Blu and Amber is a more powdery and subtle version of the Spanish variants with less menthol.

My favourites are Vigaroso and Blue, Black is my least favourite.

Last edited:

RandySp

Legendary Member
I've tried all the Floid splashes (Blue, Amber, Suave, Vigaroso and Black)

Suave, Vigaroso and Black are the Spanish made variants (AFAIK) and all very good. Suave and Vigaroso have exactly the same scent..the only difference is the menthol content..suave has less, Vigaroso has a lot.
Black is the modern scent of the three..sweet, citrusy and modern with no menthol. Definitely has a vibe of something like Creed Aventus (but not at all the same) but also I got smell of "Pear drops" a sort of pear flavoured hard candy available in the UK. Not sure if there's an equivalent in other countries. It's sweet and fruity.

Blue and Amber are the Italian made ones (AFAIK) Blue smells identical to Epsilon Blu and Amber is a more powdery and subtle version of the Spanish variants with less menthol.

My favourites are Vigaroso and Blue, Black is my least favourite.
Face feel of the black? Is it the same with Vigoroso except the menthol?