First Stirling Soap: Black Ice

jeepie

Forum GOD!
Hi Happy Shavers,

Just wanted to share my thoughts on Black Ice. This is my first Stirling soap. I ordered it from Maggards ages ago and shipped it via their very economical and efficient "by boat" delivery or whatever it is, and auspiciously the soap arrived on my birthday.

I would really recommend this soap to folks that are looking for a shaving soap off the beaten track. I would liken it to Euthymol toothpaste in its uniqueness. The scent is a very strong aniseed scent. I know that anise is a very polarising scent. I love it. And together with the promise of menthol cooling which is another favourite shaving soap addition for me, I couldn't resist the purchase.

Stirling lathers well, is very generous in cost per ounce and the gentle and skin feel are just fantastic. I'm really delighted with this soap and will enjoy using it in the winter when the warming anise, cooling methol and lovely skin feel of the soap make for a refreshing uplifting shave.

Anyone else tried it? What are your thoughts?

Cheers

Greg

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I tried it in the early days of sterling. Really enjoyed it. I'm an aniseed fan!

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I tried Obsididan which says in its description: ''Sweet anise with a high concentration of menthol. It's basically like Black Ice on steroids!''

I really liked the scent but I just couldn't handle the menthol. It hurt :)