Films worth watching

Watched the crime/thriller Prisoners (2013) last night. Thought is was really good. Even though it's a fairly long film, it was full of intrigue and suspense which made it seem much shorter.
Cinematography was excellent, and the performances of Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Paul Dano were very good IMHO.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Watched the crime/thriller Prisoners (2013) last night. Thought is was really good. Even though it's a fairly long film, it was full of intrigue and suspense which made it seem much shorter.
Cinematography was excellent, and the performances of Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Paul Dano were very good IMHO.
Prisoners is an excellent film

FSword

Forum GOD!
Wow I had forgotten about that film! Very good indeed!

mark0

Forum GOD!
Since many of you recommended, I watched Prisoners (2013) a few days ago. Wow, talk about unsettling. Really dark theme and great acting, well worth seeing.
And on that note, I also watched Dead Man's Shoes (2004) last night. It was mentioned earlier in the thread. Now I'm ready for some uplifting, feel good films.

Futurerabbit1

Forum GOD!
If you haven't watched it yet .. :He was a quiet man'

Very different but really good .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 30

Anyone here seen The England Manager released in 2001?

I just seen a clip and it looks good but wondered if it was just the clip or if the film is good, anyone?

D

Deleted member 30

The Russian film Бриллиантовая рука, (Diamond Arm). Its a Soviet comedy film made by Mosfilm and first released in 1969. I watched this for the first time when visiting the Ukraine a few years back. Unfortunately it had no subtitles or translation, though being a slap stick comedy I still found it to be entertaining.

Luckily a friend knows a Russian who I met a few days back and I hummed the tune of the song that is sung at the restaurant when the two main characters are drunk. He immediately knew the film and gave me the name so I could find it, and here it is with subtitles. If you like Peter Seller / Pink Panther type of films then you will like this, enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

BartsBalm

Forum GOD!
Watched a Danish film called “The Guilty” last night.

I thought it was superb and surprisingly tense given that the main character never leaves the room.

I would definitely recommend it!