February 2021 Acquisitions

JJfromDK

Forum GOD!
Received this soap today. Since the matching balm was sold out when I placed the order, it’ll arrive in a separate package, probably in a week or two.

To my nose, Hygge is a barbershop type scent with a piney/wintry twist. Still a clean, inoffensive soapy scent. Since ‘Hygge’ is a Danish word I knew I had to have this regardless of scent 😄

45F448DB-3A8B-4B2E-B662-33DC65686362.jpeg

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Well it’s the plan.
Where’s the “Support” we need when we need it. And by support I mean you either say “great we’re 100% behind you” or send me money.
To be honest I just don’t want to buy anymore soap because I have enough. It’s not because of money or any else. The new B&M “the full measure of a man” looks right up my alley but I think someone else could enjoy it more than me.
I will buy Khalifa aftershave when it comes back. Other than that I’m gonna chill. Staying engaged with the good people here should help.
Also
My wonderful wife also surprises me with soap a few times a year and that helps with my purchasing impulses.

That’s the plan at least.

Charcoal

Received this soap today. Since the matching balm was sold out when I placed the order, it’ll arrive in a separate package, probably in a week or two.

To my nose, Hygge is a barbershop type scent with a piney/wintry twist. Still a clean, inoffensive soapy scent. Since ‘Hygge’ is a Danish word I knew I had to have this regardless of scent 😄

View attachment 86478
Is it on the lighter side scent wise and really soft?

Mood Indigo is super soft. It reminds me of the B&M soft heart base a lot.

JJfromDK

Forum GOD!
Is it on the lighter side scent wise and really soft?

Mood Indigo is super soft. It reminds me of the B&M soft heart base a lot.
Scent strength is medium I would say. While on the softer side, it’s still firmer than all my DG Milksteak soaps as well as Kaizen 2. My Mood Indigo has the same firmness as this new one.

Charcoal

Scent strength is medium I would say. While on the softer side, it’s still firmer than all my DG Milksteak soaps as well as Kaizen 2. My Mood Indigo has the same firmness as this new one.
Thanks. I’m super curious in Mammoth soaps scents. He seems to avoid being really trendy or mind numbingly classic. Yet finds a way to appeal to many different tastes. The first time I got a whiff of mood indigo it had a sandalwood/mint scent to it. It’s quite complex thou.

JJfromDK

Forum GOD!
Thanks. I’m super curious in Mammoth soaps scents. He seems to avoid being really trendy or mind numbingly classic. Yet finds a way to appeal to many different tastes. The first time I got a whiff of mood indigo it had a sandalwood/mint scent to it. It’s quite complex thou.
I agree. I really like Mood Indigo and expect the same to happen with Hygge. The Tusk base is incredible in my opinion, among the very best, and the balms are exceptional as well.

Charcoal

I agree. I really like Mood Indigo and expect the same to happen with Hygge. The Tusk base is incredible in my opinion, among the very best, and the balms are exceptional as well.
I passed on the balm for a few reasons. One reason was the stupid way they released the soap then waited to release the balm. I could have purchased em with no extra cost for me but that was enough to give me pause.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Yeah the handle on that brush is anodised, the finish is perfect and it feels really solid.

The B&M soap off the puck is really dark and heavy. There's tobacco there and a woodiness but it's also quite spicy to my nose, YMMV of course but to my nose there's a good whiff of cardamom. It finishes slightly sweet in a similar way to their Chypre soap. I love the scent but I am a massive B&M fan in general, I can imagine it being a polarizing scent.
Have you used the brush yet?