Feather Proguard for AC/SE !

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Until very recently the Feather Proguard was one of those blades I would not have considered using, as I was quite happy with The Feather Pro and the Schick Proline in particular. However, I acquired an Occans Oren, and following makers guidelines brought the Proguard to use with plate 3 [ aggressive]. I found that that blade performed better than both a Pro & Proline in a plate 3. In fact I used that blade every day on holiday, and got super Shaves every day with no problems.

As the Occams is on holiday in Essex at the moment,I thought this morning why not give the used blade from the Occams a go in the Alu Hawk. When doing trials/foolish things I tend to use the ever dependable Vitos .I have quite a tough need to Shave Daily Beard, and found the blade cleared my stubble very easily, and with ease I was able to work away to ensure that the Finished Shave Quality was rather good.I reckon that this blade could well suit those with a sensitive skin, not sure it will work for those who let their beards grow and shave infrequently. Has any one tried this blade in an AC/SE and what are their views.

I rather enjoyed this most relaxed Shave, and shall try it in other Razors. The Downside is that the blade is quite expensive, though I got mine cheaper via Rakuten.

IMG_0199.jpg

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Until very recently the Feather Proguard was one of those blades I would not have considered using, as I was quite happy with The Feather Pro and the Schick Proline in particular. However, I acquired an Occans Oren, and following makers guidelines brought the Proguard to use with plate 3 [ aggressive]. I found that that blade performed better than both a Pro & Proline in a plate 3. In fact I used that blade every day on holiday, and got super Shaves every day with no problems.

As the Occams is on holiday in Essex at the moment,I thought this morning why not give the used blade from the Occams a go in the Alu Hawk. When doing trials/foolish things I tend to use the ever dependable Vitos .I have quite a tough need to Shave Daily Beard, and found the blade cleared my stubble very easily, and with ease I was able to work away to ensure that the Finished Shave Quality was rather good.I reckon that this blade could well suit those with a sensitive skin, not sure it will work for those who let their beards grow and shave infrequently. Has any one tried this blade in an AC/SE and what are their views.

I rather enjoyed this most relaxed Shave, and shall try it in other Razors. The Downside is that the blade is quite expensive, though I got mine cheaper via Rakuten.

View attachment 56904
Pro Guard is a FANTASTIC blade in the Occems, I use it with plate 2 and get the best shaves ever. So much so all the DE have been cleaned and stored away. The Kai Pink, another “Guard” type blade is equally as good and worth a try. Whilst they are more expensive they last around 10 shaves and to be honest for the shave they give both blades are worth the extra. I’ve even ordered another slightly different Occem Razor and one for my lad, customs and the Royal Mail will be rubbing their hands this week !!!

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have now used this blade in the Alu Hawk, Mongoose, and Alu General. Though I have a tough beard I find this blade works very well for me and I am getting good quality relaxed Shaves with it. I wonder if the idea of a guard blade puts people off, but i find it does not detract from th ability of the blade to deliver a great finish.A couple more Razors to try it out in.

Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Today I had a 10th outing with the Proguard blade, in the Occams V2.Continues to deliver great Shaves with a great finish.

IMG_0230.jpg

slapo

Forum GOD!
I've had a somewhat similar experience with these. They work better for me that Feather's Pro and Pro Super, although they're maybe about on par with Kai Pink Mild and Schick Proline. I haven't had the last two in a while, though.

MPH

Forum GOD!
I tried the proguards in my Mongoose and they are ok, but I much prefer the pros. As mentioned I think the differences are more noticeable with longer hairs.

Mostly I feel the pros are a little harsh for the first use, but after that settle into a lovely shave for many shaves.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I tried the proguards in my Mongoose and they are ok, but I much prefer the pros. As mentioned I think the differences are more noticeable with longer hairs.

Mostly I feel the pros are a little harsh for the first use, but after that settle into a lovely shave for many shaves.
Funnily enough I thought the same. Haven’t used a pro for a bit, much prefer a Guard style blade.

Reactions: MPH